What Ammo in Your Carry Gun or Guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what ammo do you have for your carry gun or guns? I have Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P in my mags for my Glock 43X, Walther PPS M2 and Sig M11 A1 as of now. Before that, I had Federal HST in the 124 gr +P flavor. I buy one or the other every now and then, depending on price. In my S&W 340PD, I've got Fed 158 Gr LSWCHP.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speer Gold Dot in the .357 Sig. Federal HST in the 9mm. I bought plenty for each caliber after shooting some to satisfy my accuracy standards. I can practice with the carry ammo 3 to 4 times a year and still have plenty. (I practice with other ammo also.)

Edit to add: huge importance on no feeding issues on carry ammo.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Currently I`m using Monarch 124 gr JHP....

102_9724.JPG

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speer Gold Dot in the .357 Sig. Federal HST in the 9mm. I bought plenty for each caliber after shooting some to satisfy my accuracy standards. I can practice with the carry ammo 3 to 4 times a year and still have plenty. (I practice with other ammo also.)

Edit to add: huge importance on no feeding issues on carry ammo.

Totally agree with the no feeding issue. Would add: chambering, locking, firing, extraction, and ejection. I think the point is that it is important to ensure that your gun runs well with what ammo you have in it, to your satisfaction. That might be a few mags or a few hundred, only you can know when you are confident in your gun and ammo choice. I’ve run enough of the HST and the Gold Dots through each to be comfortable that my pistols function properly with those choices. When I buy new ammo, I run the old self defense stuff through the pistols for further function tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom