What are YOU prepping for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm prepping first for ice storms, tornados and other weather related issues. I'm also starting to prepare for other issues such as food shortage, etc.

For instance, when Wonder Bread filed for BK there was a real shortage of bread around Yukon. Luckily we keep loafs of bread frozen along with other items.

I've also been storing up ammo and other related items as well as hitting the range and practicing shooting a whole lot more!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm prepping first for ice storms, tornados and other weather related issues. I'm also starting to prepare for other issues such as food shortage, etc.

For instance, when Wonder Bread filed for BK there was a real shortage of bread around Yukon. Luckily we keep loafs of bread frozen along with other items.

I've also been storing up ammo and other related items as well as hitting the range and practicing shooting a whole lot more!!

Here, try this ... You'll never eat thawed out, store-bought bread again ...

Amish White Bread

2 cups warm water
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 TBLS yeast
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 cups all-purpose unbleached flour

Dissolve sugar in water. Stir in yeast. Let sit until foamy (about 10 minutes).

Add oil and salt. Then mix in flour one cup at a time.

Knead for 10 minutes (or until dough is smooth) on lightly floured surface.

Place in oiled bowl, turn to oil top and cover. Set in warm place and let rise until doubled or about 1 hour.

Punch down, divide in half, shape into loaves and place in lightly oiled bread pans. Cover and let rise 30 minutes.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let sit in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack. Let cool completely before cutting.

mrsgomezclan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just prepping. Being prepared should be the norm. It is our responsibility. The preparations (or lack of) you are making today will decide whether your family will experience a "Walton's Mountain" or "Mad Max." I want the Walton's mountain. Hand pump for my well, food, chickens, goats, God, Guns, and a dislike for people different from me (read unprepared).

That's a great visual/mental reminder :)

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Amish White Bread

2 cups warm water
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 TBLS yeast
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp salt

Place in oiled bowl, turn to oil top and cover. Set in warm place and let rise until doubled or about 1 hour.

Punch down, divide in half, shape into loaves and place in lightly oiled bread pans. Cover and let rise 30 minutes.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let sit in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack. Let cool completely before cutting.

Thanks!! I'll have to give it a try!! We go through a lot of bread in my family!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks!! I'll have to give it a try!! We go through a lot of bread in my family!!

This makes two loaves at a time. Don't double it -- it's impossible to knead that much dough effectively ... :lookaroun (Please do not ask me how I know this ... lol)

BTW, there is also a book out there called "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day". What it amounts to is you make the dough and let it sit in the refrigerator, breaking off and using only what you need each day or two, for a week. Then, on the weekend for me, make a new batch and put it in the fridge for the next week. Pretty easy too ... Doesn't take that much planning ahead. I've used that technique to have fresh rolls on the table with dinner within an hour or so when I didn't get around to using a more conventional recipe during the day ...

Lowlight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mad max, no I believe there will be some civil disorder and martial law will take place because law enforcement will not be able to control all the looting, vandalism and other criminal activities that turds like to do

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Amish White Bread

2 cups warm water
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 TBLS yeast
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp salt

Right click, save as.

Latest posts

Top Bottom