What are you replacing your Eotech with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are cracking me up with this. Have any of you used the sights in the extreme Temps they have issues in? Anyone actually have real issues with the sights?

2 months ago everyone would have sworn by the Eotech.

I agree. I have used mine in some pretty extreme temps and they have all worked just fine. I have no plans to switch.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are cracking me up with this. Have any of you used the sights in the extreme Temps they have issues in? Anyone actually have real issues with the sights?

I'm not worried about mine failing, especially what the very limited use it sees on my SBR but I was more curious than anything else.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 3 EoTech's. I have broken one in ordinary fairly gentle use. L3 fixed it for me promptly. Two of them have repeated issues with the battery life and general battery compartment function. I plan to send all three away.

I have had an Aimpoint T-1 for several (maybe 6-5) years. It's been used several times a month. Never a problem. Pricey but tough as nails. Still using original battery even though I have a spare available. Unit is absolute solid with no problems. Kid uses an Aimpoint CompM2 on his duty LE carbine. Got unit used and recently changed out batteries as we did not know the age of the previous ones.

Thinking about running Aimpoint PRO or T-1/T-2 or Trijicon MRO as replacements for EoTechs. Might even run a M2 one one of them if I can find a solid used one at a good price.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had plenty of Eotech, Trijicon Acog, and Aimpoint sites.

My current favorite site is the Mepro21 - love it! I have nothing at all against Eotech, but I have an eye astigmatism that drives me nuts when I try using one nowadays. I like Acog, but feel that they are overpriced. Aimpoint can kiss my ass, I've had to send a few back that screwed up in big ways (comp M2 and M4).

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OCPD's tac team is in this situation. They had them atop their HK G36's. Officers are prohibited from using them (even personally bought ones). As of now, I don't know they have one picked out.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have T1 and 3 Mepro 21 I think the Mepro 21 is great so simple to use washout is not that bad I have washout device but just store them don't think you can go wrong.

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had issues with mine. There extremes are over 120F and you can reach that sitting in the car for 20minutes during summer. So yes, I've used mine in "extremes" and had issues

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was leaning towards an MRO, but have been wavering due to how new it is. May just go with a T1 or T2
Be a man, use iron sights!!!! Haha

I never had an issue my my Eotech, but due to the redesign of my upper I'm going with a 1-4/6 optic.

Sent from no where

Latest posts

Top Bottom