What Backpacks Are You Guys Running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to get a new backpack for range / hunting field use and was wondering what you guys were using?
I am on a budget of about $100 at the extreme and would prefer to stay closer to $50. Any suggestions on this? Saw some Drago / Modgear bags on CTD that looked very well made and had great reviews, but I am still a little hesitant. This bag will have to withstand an average of 6 miles hiking through moderately thick woods, mild moisture exposure, and the easy part being range time.

The bag I use now is one of my old etnies skate bag (17x10x9")from when I was in high school. It has been loaded down with roughly 80 lbs at most and has held up very well for 10 years and a low $50 cost. So I figure I could find a decent molle pack for the same cost but giving more organization for quick use? I really would like to hear from you guys and your experiences with backpacks used on the range and in the field.

Pictures would be awesome!

[Broken External Image][Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know how big of a bag you actually need, but more often than not, I grab my maxpedition sitka. By far my favorite bag and the one that gets used the most.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TAD Gear Litespeed.

Uhhh...he said under $100.

The Maxpedition Sitka is a nice bag and IMO a great size for EDC. With that single strap I dont know that I would use it for hunting trips and its really kind of small for that. For hunting I prefer something with two standard shoulder straps and a strap across the chest. What exactly do you plan on putting in it? That should be a HUGE driver of what you use. Maxpedition makes nice bags for a reasonable price. Not something like TAD Gear who makes hoodies in excess of $200.
:eek2:

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhhh...he said under $100.

The Maxpedition Sitka is a nice bag and IMO a great size for EDC. With that single strap I dont know that I would use it for hunting trips and its really kind of small for that. For hunting I prefer something with two standard shoulder straps and a strap across the chest. What exactly do you plan on putting in it? That should be a HUGE driver of what you use. Maxpedition makes nice bags for a reasonable price. Not something like TAD Gear who makes hoodies in excess of $200.
:eek2:

True. I use my sitka as an EDC bag or range bag. I'm sold on the single thick strap that goes across your chest. It also has a smaller strap that can be used to go around you and attach back to the bag itself to make it more secure, or not move around as much.

For hunting, I use one of these for archery:

http://ranchosafari.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=96

And this one for rifle:

http://www.cabelas.com/hunting-bags-packs-camelbak-talon-xt-100-oz-hydration-pack-2.shtml

I'm kind of a backpack whore though. I keep buying packs of all sizes and shapes. I probably have too many...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Dell laptop backpack going on 7 years old. It's had 80-90lbs in it on more than a few occasions without issue.

I'm actually looking for a backpack, too, though, so following this thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom