What Backpacks Are You Guys Running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Maxpedition Kodiak for my EDC, its a great everyday bag and can hold quite a bit if needed. I'm not looking for a good bag to build a 72hr kit to keep in my storm shelter.

WAGS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies, I swear the more and more I look for a bag the more and more I get confused with options. I think I will be raising my price range to maybe $150 ish. I will just have to see. With all these suggestions I now have even more to look into this weekend!

I was in the same boat, but I didn't necessarilly get confused tho, once I knew I wanted a new, larger pack, I enjoyed doin alot of reading, research and comparing online.. and after all my homework I decided on the Voodoo Tactical Matrix.. I carried it for a few months while I was still in the Marine corps just as my work bag, it would easily carry a sleeping bag, extra cammies, cold/wet weather gear, chow, has a slot for a camelbak bladder, plus enough pockets and storage to carry anything else you want Not to mention the straps making it molle modular. has a padded laptop carrier, ive never used it tho.. I've had heavy loads in it and havn't had or seen any issues yet with the zippers, The first couple times I packed it I was really suprised out how large the main compartment is, it really opens up for you.. it has been to the driveway several times for wash downs and havn't seen any change of shape or integrity issues to the fabric from getting wet and drying.. Heres a current pic of it, i'm slowly stocking it with very well thought out items for a BOB, 96er, survival pack, whatever you wanna call it.. Next to it is my EDC, just a Camelback MULE, 3L bladder, IFAK w/ quickclot, shears, AR and pistol mags..

i47.tinypic.com_34pkjms.jpg

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I think I have decided on the Kelty Redwing 44. Really after looking into all these packs and researching the subject for a little over a month now, I have come to the conclusion that I need a more subtle pack. Something that doesn't give me any looks or attention.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Kelty Redwing 44? I noticed it had a few changes from the older models, are these good or bad changes? Any insight would be great on this pack that I have extremely high hopes for. The best deal I could find was $75 shipped.

Once again all information you have is much appreciated.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You missed out. At Super Dave's gun show, there was a dealer selling the ILBE backpacks for $75 each or two for $100 IIRC. A lot of back for $75 bucks.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies, I swear the more and more I look for a bag the more and more I get confused with options. I think I will be raising my price range to maybe $150 ish. I will just have to see. With all these suggestions I now have even more to look into this weekend!

If you are raising your budget go with an ebberlestock. Look at the just one or gun runner models. They are awesome packs. Not sure where you are located but gene sears in el reno carries several models and are competitively priced. They also have built in scabbards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom