What did you do to 'prep' today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yesterday and today we got our rotating non perishable food supply organized. The idea being it is at least two weeks of food on its own, mixed with what you have on hand it can extend your groceries on hand to a month or better. Mostly canned goods, and dry stuff like pasta, rice and beans. Enough food to feed 8 people for two weeks on its own, and stuff we use anyway for the most part so you don't worry about it going bad, just swap it out from time to time.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yesterday and today we got our rotating non perishable food supply organized. The idea being it is at least two weeks of food on its own, mixed with what you have on hand it can extend your groceries on hand to a month or better. Mostly canned goods, and dry stuff like pasta, rice and beans. Enough food to feed 8 people for two weeks on its own, and stuff we use anyway for the most part so you don't worry about it going bad, just swap it out from time to time.

That's exactly what I did. I made each of my kids a "tote", rice, beans, pasta, tuna, salmon, canned vegies, flour, cornmeal, sugar and Lotsa them kool-aid water sweeter things.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:woot: Yes, yes it can ... I've put off pulling the trigger on decent equipment but we also have a couple of handhelds. Let me know when you are ready. I can't tell you **** about equipment but GC knows a little. We can shop together ... :P

I have been browsing hamcity.com. Here is the hand held that I bought, http://www.hamcity.com/store/pc/VX-8DR-p1927.htm. The extras cost as much as the radio. :( I have started going to the FAA Radio Club. I hope to take the test next month if I have enough time to study. I am planning on putting up an antenna up on the roof of the shop. Eventually I will put a base station out there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Cabella's in Wichita today. Stocked up on Jerky and sausage seasonings. Looked at some of the bigger meat grinders, but the price wasn't in my range.

I guess my little $99 dollar one will have to work awhile longer.
Looked at the meat slicers. There is a considerable difference between the $120 model and the $250 one.

Wouldn't waste my time carrying the $120 one to the trash. Glad I got to see them in person.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a sale on canned diced tomatoes, picked up 24.
Picked up a free 9 led flashlight from harbor frieght .
Had gun cleaning party with SIL.
Got my order in from freedom munitions, 250 rnds 12 ga solid copper HV HP slugs.

like2shoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the Thanksgiving 4 day my wife and I installed can organizers, inventoried ammo, I built a small desk for my HAM radio equipment, and got a list together to purchase to build my first j-pole antenna. Gonna see if I can fry a radio or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom