What did you do to 'prep' today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went thru all of our food preps to check dates and whatnot. Found one can of Spam that had swelled up and a few vac sealed bags that had lost its seal. Check your preps people!
I could only guess at what a stink that can of Spam would have made if it popped.

Lucky find!!!!!
Just finished ours, found no problems. Now to 'prep' for Christmas dinner, cut new bottoms and recover kitchen table chairs.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started turning a few acres of this:

i140.photobucket.com_albums_r13_Speed_ls1_Mobile_20Uploads_image_6.jpg

Into this:

i140.photobucket.com_albums_r13_Speed_ls1_Mobile_20Uploads_image_5.jpg

Main reason is to develop the native pecans in the area and to get an ongoing garden spot going. We're hoping to get a little more self reliant before we have to.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool! Get those cedars out of there. The neighbors and I in 5K acres are in total cedar control mode. When they get above the CRP grass we cut them down. Hate seeing those big fields along I35 getting infested with them, and nothing done. When they are at the 2-5' stage a brush hog will take them out forever. No spraying.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boned, out my nephews buck. 15 pounds of ground venison and 35 pounds of jerky sliced and marinating. House should smell good tomorrow.

Edit: I was right. House smells great and this new dehydrator is a beast!!

Venison Jerky.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom