What did you do to 'prep' today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a 2 meter antenna kit from Dr. Fong and installed it inside my house for use with my handheld. If you want a fool proof inexpensive antenna this is one way to go. The kit is $29.95 and then you have to buy a piece of 3/4 " PVC pipe. It takes about 5 minutes to put together and this includes cutting the pipe. I was hitting about 3 repeaters before and now I am getting to 6 or 7 of them.

The next step is to set up a base station out in the shop with some real good antennas.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up one of the long slim well buckets for future use. I think it will go down the well beside the pipe and wiring so I could use it without removing the pump. This one if over 40 years old, so I am going to replace the bottom wood and valve in it.

Dodahdude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up one of the long slim well buckets for future use. I think it will go down the well beside the pipe and wiring so I could use it without removing the pump. This one if over 40 years old, so I am going to replace the bottom wood and valve in it.

I'm wanting to do the same as you. I have a forty foot deep well. Once you get started can you update you're progress. I may want to follow you're lead. Thanks.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You will have to pull the pump to use that well bucket. No way it will fit.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were told when we first moved out here with a well that we should pour a gallon of clorox bleach into the well and let it sit overnight. The next morning let the water run until it no longer smells of bleach. That was supposed to disinfect the well and the plumbing as well. We have been doing that annually just in case. I have Sawyer water filters that will remove any contaminants and make virtually any water safe to drink. Using a hand pump would fit right in with the filters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom