What do I have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys as some of you know I lost my father last December. In going through his things I found alot of interesting things. But this has me confused. I attached a picture of what I found attached to his dog tags. Someone clue me in.

i934.photobucket.com_albums_ad187_jkeithx4_IMG_3795.jpg

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a buddy that knows all about these things...let me get him down here so he can tell us what it's worth... lol..

Seriously though, I'm just totally guessing but it looks a lot like a Japanese Army officer's dog tags. Was he in the big war? In the Pacific?

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever it is, it is really cool. My Uncle told a story once where a German jumped in a foxhole he was occupying and only one came out alive. That's all he said and didn't offer up any souvenirs if he had taken them. Maybe your Dad had to end that soldier and kept his dogtag just to be able to make peace with it.

RatTerrier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'll be neat finding out about that. My grandpa was at Pearl Harbor, dad said he'd talk about that some.....then he was at the beaches of Normandy, 2nd wave to go in, he ever talked about that tho. All the things he witnessed n went thru he took to his grave with him. Find out as much as you can about that stuff, you'll be thankful you did!

Stainless

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Japanese grandparents say it is upside down and the first character indicates a name but were unable to recall what the other characters were.

Latest posts

Top Bottom