What do we do after?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jscg.nunley

Marksman
Reaction score
I also have been reading ten pages of some reasonable and some dumb advice. So I will not annoy you with anymore. I will however, just share what me, myself and I would do. First off, in the event that I have determined I am authorized to use deadly force, I will do exactly that, for it is my right. I will not hesitate and waste valuable time trying to prevent imminent danger by focusing on just stopping the BG. When I shoot at the range I dont shoot at the legs on the targets or the arms. I shoot two to the chest and one to the head. My training will kick in and take over! Second, you are not required to say jack diddley squat to LE other than name, show CCWP,and address. It kills me to whatch COPS(tv series) and see people giving up their rights and babbling to Cops. Granted everyone on Cops is always a criminal and diserves going to jail. I'm not condoning the criminals but as a citizen of this Great Country you should know your rights and the difference between knowing your rights and not could determine if you go to jail or not regardless of actual guilt. As I said, Im not advising anyone of anything other than what I would do in the event.The BG is not concerned with your wellbeing and will not hesitate to put lead thru your head or that of your family. If they were a reasonable person they wouldnt be a BG. When it comes down to it I would rather be tryed by 12 than carried by 6 and so would my wife and kids. Although my wife might shoot the BG in the balls but thats a whole other story. Shes working on her aim! In short I will use "Deadly Force" to the fullest extent and I will call LE and I will present ID, CCWP, and address.....Then I will shut the hell up! One thing I can count on is that the BG will not be testifying against this guy!

Peace thru War

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, what a fistfull of good advice here!

To add to an ancient discussion, I've realized several things from this thread that I wasn't originally aware of about myself.

1. I'd probably puke my guts out while on the phone to 911. I'm a jumpy caffene ridden old bastard anyway so add adreneline to the mix and I'm sure to see breakfast again.

2. If the police arrived and pointed a gun at me, I'd cry like a 2 year old baby and piss a river. And I wouldn't care who saw me. You'd have to pry my outstretched hands from the clouds and my eyes open (think Hiro from Heros) otherwise I'd be a shaky, jittery, caffinated blubbering mess. Right in front of my kids and wife.

3. If the officer didn't arrest me just because I was shaking so bad I made HIM nervous, he'd hit me in the mouth to keep me from saying "Thank you" and "Should I do anything else?" repeatedly.

4. I'd need a ride home. Preferably in a car with washable seats. Driving is not an option.

5. I hope Glock em Down or MB are my first officers on scene. God bless you guys for the valuable, anti-lawyer advice for a true victim. It's sad that today you have to even consider thinking in lawyer-speak first and truth second.

scruffy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope Glock em Down or MB are my first officers on scene. God bless you guys for the valuable, anti-lawyer advice for a true victim.

I haven't been on the boards for long, but let me say I've really been impressed with Glock Em and MB's open and honest advice on a wide range of topics. Their comments on this topic are no exception.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. As a general guideline I suggest that once officers arrive you say: "I was in fear for my life. I had to defend myself. I will sign a complaint against that person(indicating the person you had to shoot). I need medical assistance from a doctor. I want to speak to my attorney."
You might also indicate any physical evidence or potential witnesses to the LEOs. Then just sit down quietly and wait to see a doctor and your lawyer. If you are a normal victim of violent crime who has just had to defend yourself, you will need both.

GCC

New to the site!
Reaction score
I am not a Lawyer and this is NOT LEGAL ADVICE!!!

You must also think about statements made on a 911 call. They are recorded and if they sound bad for the defendant they will be played over and over in a courtroom. You need to give your location and name first so if you get disconnected LE will know where to go and that you made the call. I believe that the main portion of the 911 call should consist of
1. He tried to kill me
2. I have never been so scared in my life
3. Please send an ambulance

That’s where I'd leave it without Time and Council.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2. Put your weapon at your feet.
2b. (this is where I disagreed but you will get the idea)

Strongly, strongly disagree! Having been through a number of combat courses, armed and unarmed, military and otherwise, the first rule of man-to-man violent conflict is: control the weapon! I will not be placing my weapon on the ground where someone else can grab it. If the bad guy looks dead, eyes glazed, death-rattle in his throat, rictus distorting his features, I still will not leave his weapon anywhere that he or anyone else can grab it! I understand the argument about preserving evidence; but with respect, that is the policeman's job. My job is to preserve my life and that of my loved ones. I would rather still be alive to discuss the evidentiary niceties.

Which leads me to my second point:

again.. DO NOT SAY ANYTHING.. Nothing.. Nada.. zip.. I don't care how nice the LEO is.. in this instance he is not your friend. He is doing a job and that job is to get you to talk. Shut up and Lawyer up.

Amen, preach it, brother! You are under no obligation to prove that you did not commit a crime. In the heat of the moment you will be in the worst possible mental state to give a considered statement. Your first words of any kind regarding what happened should be spoken to your attorney. (I can see my own attorney and dear friend nodding his approval.) :)

As with so many other posts in this thread: This is not legal advice! I am not an attorney and I don't play one on television.

Latest posts

Top Bottom