What do y'all think of Wilshire Gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prices are high on the guns, mags were ridiculously priced. Does seem nice, and fancy, does well because of the location, right off Classen Curve/Chesepeake area. Guy I talked to about guns seemed knowledgeable and admitted when he wasnt sure on something, so that was nice. I did hear a guy in the Machine Gun Boutique area tell someone that to get a handgun permit, it was about $100 for 10 years after all the fees and stuff. Permit is actually closer to $300 for a 10 year. That guy might be a little upset if he doesn't research it himself beforehand.

Classen curve/Chesepeake area?

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some guys like you and I might not be into the leather couch décor and stuff, but it does make the place look kinda nice and maybe more appealing to the fairer sex. my wife says she likes the place where as a lot of ranges turn her, and I imagine more than a few of the ladies, off. Yeah, they are kinda high on range ammo, but they are fair on .22lr and seem to always have it ion hand. The people that work there are very pleasant in my opinion too. Every time I've been there, it seems like half the crowd is female.

I might not understand it but good to know some people like it that may not be drawn to a gun shop. After browsing many stores with past significant others I can't say I know of any female oriented shops that has a sitting area like that though. Maybe some of the high-end places I've been in Chicago but nothing in Oklahoma. Maybe the gun shops are ahead of their time here.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chesepeake is just 2 miles due south. Classen Curve as well. It's that fancy strip mall northeast of Penn Square. Lot of high end stores, fancy groceries and what not.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I've shared my experience there on here before but I'll share it again.

Last year I got a membership to there for Christmas. I got the one in which you get half off range fees. I never would've bought it because I think the value is in the membership that you don't have to pay anything but it was a gift so I was all about it. I went there about ten times and had good experiences. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Then I had a range trip that ruined the place for me.
Prior to this trip I would usually use up the full hour. Most of the time I kept track and would leave at 60 mins. 3-4 times I was told my time was up so I left. Fast forward to the incident- I took my friend who I shoot with all the time and another friend who had never shot a gun before. It was the new guys bday. We asked for two lanes but they were busy so they said we couldn't have two. We went on the range and our hour goes by. (Now those of you who have gone with three people know that an hour is nothing. We had barely shot 100 rds between us. Not to mention the first half we took it super slow teaching our friend range safety and how to shoot.) right at 60 mins a range officer comes and tells us the hour is up. I tell him no big deal we will pay for another hour. He tells me that's not an option and we have to leave and there are people waiting in line to shoot. I was shocked so we packed up our stuff and I went outside thinking I had missed a sign or something. I look around and there's nothing saying you can only shoot one hour. In fact the sign said $15/hr on the range. They kicked me out for no valid reason. My friends couldn't believe it and my friend has never shot a gun since. His first experience ruined it for him. He was already uncomfortable and being treated like that ruined gun ranges for him.

I suppose part of it is my responsibility. I should've asked to make sure we could stay more than one hour.

I swore I would never go back but I did a few months later. It was a 4 hr wait to get on the range. I don't plan on ever going back now. My membership ran out.

Another guy I worked with got screwed royally by a salesman there. The stories not mine to share and I don't want to mess up the details of it but they won't get my business ever again.

I'll take h and h and safety first and their unlimited range times instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I've shared my experience there on here before but I'll share it again.

Last year I got a membership to there for Christmas. I got the one in which you get half off range fees. I never would've bought it because I think the value is in the membership that you don't have to pay anything but it was a gift so I was all about it. I went there about ten times and had good experiences. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Then I had a range trip that ruined the place for me.
Prior to this trip I would usually use up the full hour. Most of the time I kept track and would leave at 60 mins. 3-4 times I was told my time was up so I left. Fast forward to the incident- I took my friend who I shoot with all the time and another friend who had never shot a gun before. It was the new guys bday. We asked for two lanes but they were busy so they said we couldn't have two. We went on the range and our hour goes by. (Now those of you who have gone with three people know that an hour is nothing. We had barely shot 100 rds between us. Not to mention the first half we took it super slow teaching our friend range safety and how to shoot.) right at 60 mins a range officer comes and tells us the hour is up. I tell him no big deal we will pay for another hour. He tells me that's not an option and we have to leave and there are people waiting in line to shoot. I was shocked so we packed up our stuff and I went outside thinking I had missed a sign or something. I look around and there's nothing saying you can only shoot one hour. In fact the sign said $15/hr on the range. They kicked me out for no valid reason. My friends couldn't believe it and my friend has never shot a gun since. His first experience ruined it for him. He was already uncomfortable and being treated like that ruined gun ranges for him.

I suppose part of it is my responsibility. I should've asked to make sure we could stay more than one hour.

I swore I would never go back but I did a few months later. It was a 4 hr wait to get on the range. I don't plan on ever going back now. My membership ran out.

Another guy I worked with got screwed royally by a salesman there. The stories not mine to share and I don't want to mess up the details of it but they won't get my business ever again.

I'll take h and h and safety first and their unlimited range times instead.

An hour to shoot 100 rnds? I'd like to suggest that next time you want to take a new shooter, spend some time off range with them first to go over safety, grip, stance, and other basics. Trying to soak all that up in a small range space with hearing protection, others shooting, etc. is not easy.

I've never spent more than an hour on any range, I'm done way before then, even with 1 or 2 other people.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An hour to shoot 100 rnds? I'd like to suggest that next time you want to take a new shooter, spend some time off range with them first to go over safety, grip, stance, and other basics. Trying to soak all that up in a small range space with hearing protection, others shooting, etc. is not easy.

I've never spent more than an hour on any range, I'm done way before then, even with 1 or 2 other people.

We did go over as much as we could before we went in the range. I suppose we have different range routines. I find it hard to spend less than an hr even by myself. I don't shoot a ton of rounds 100-200 usually. I
Paid for the time and I don't see a need to rush.

Latest posts

Top Bottom