What do y'all think of Wilshire Gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We did go over as much as we could before we went in the range. I suppose we have different range routines. I find it hard to spend less than an hr even by myself. I don't shoot a ton of rounds 100-200 usually. I
Paid for the time and I don't see a need to rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you go when they were first opened? I've never had to wait but I've never gone at a busy time I suppose . 5 during the week usually sometimes Saturday at 12.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For me, Wilshire Gun is convenient to get to. Have not purchased any firearms there and have not really looked at their prices. That said if they had something I wanted I would have to weigh the value of their convenience.

Regarding firearm prices, the "business model" of the retail gun store will need to evolve to be competitive with the online market. All retail gun stores are "high" when compared to the online market.

Wilshire Gun has very nice ranges (3) that are clean with excellent ventilation. Cost to shoot is reasonable and their staff is exceptionally friendly.

Regarding their customer service .... They do have that dialed in. As others have said they are respectful and do not "talk down" to patrons.

Their cafe is very good as well. The smell of the pecan and hickory woods are worth going to Wilshire Gun just for that experience alone. Have eaten their just three times and each time the service and food were excellent.

Have yet to go upstairs to burn a cigar. Used to enjoy going to bar in Edmond to do that but they have since bowed to those who complained that a "cigar bar" actually had cigar smoke.

My two cents is that Wilshire Gun is outstanding. I have lived in LA and had shot at the old Beverly Hills Gun Club (and no, I didn't see "Axel Foley" there) and I lived in Scottsdale and shot at the Scottsdale Gun Club as well as Ben Avery. Wilshire Gun is a better destination for the shooting sports.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like big boys ... The people are friendly and the woman running the range desk was very nice! Id go more if they were closer.

I typically get very good service at any gun store with zero pontification from the person behind the counter of what he or she "thinks" that I need. But the one time I went to "Big Boys" a gentleman and lady working there basically ignored me. Funny thing is that I am impulse buyer with 1911s and was going to buy a Colt had their service just been average.

Everyone can have an off day and I expect that is what I ran into. Will give them another chance if I am ever out that way again.

Last edited by a moderator:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm retired, got plenty of time but a fixed income. I'd like to try try them out maybe, but can't see the hour time limit thing. So, for me, as it is right now it's too expensive.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
High priced in all ways, but unless it is banner priced I would probably say that. But it is also probably the nicest range around. It works as it should. I like the private feeling of the range.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wilshire Gun has become my go-to range, and I'm a member. I like the vibe, the well ventilated ranges, the quality cafe, and the ability to enjoy a Knob Creek on the rocks after a shooting session. Very civilized. Good drink prices, considering the pours.

I have bought guns there. Nice selection of SIGs. You can usually find Smith & Wessons cheaper at H&H, and most guns cheaper at Big Boy's. I try to spread my (infrequent) gun buying among the 3 local ranges I like, as a way to reward them each for their different strengths. WG for facilities, cafe, and convenience. Big Boy's for low prices, and for their willingness to make you a decent cash offer for used firearms. H&H for selection, its knife counter, and its traditional centrality to the shooting community in central OK.

ETA: I have to admit I rarely shoot at H&H anymore because the ventilation and climate control at Wilshire Gun seem so superior. Also, I have never run up against the hour time limit at Wilshire Gun -- I am usually satisfied with an indoor practice session after 45 minutes. It might be annoying if you took a group or planned an extended shooting outing.

Last edited:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Overpriced on everything store designed to appeal to the six figure income crowd who never owned a gun in their pampered lives. Add to that their radio spoke's person is Lee Matthews on KTOK who is wrong about half the time every time he opens his mouth to talk about guns and it all adds up to I'll never go there again and never buy anything from them ever.

Man I miss Outdoor America and Shooters Supply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom