What gives with the price and availability of 22LR ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought cci subsonics at academy this morning 100 rds 11.99
Academy on 41st has moved the ammo to customer service at front of store.
Had quite a few calibers this morning

Gunblinder

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the Norman academy a week ago on Friday. They had 100 rd Remington golden bullets and thought I had scored some 22, I then saw the price...$11.99...gtfo. Slammed those rounds back down and said a curse word or ten

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy Moly, found 2 boxes of 20ga high brass #6 this morning at Wally World. Bought both boxes now they have none.
Haven't seen a decent 20 gauge shell since last year.

bambihunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While COVID was unexpected, I fully predicted and expected ammo prices would shoot up nearing the election. Then, stay up, or go even higher if Dems won. I don't want to talk politics, but with the anti's controlling now, we are in harms way until mid-terms. Time to party like it is 1776.

Expecting all this, I stocked up heavily on the stuff I shoot most but I neglected the .22lr. I still have 10k probably, but for .22lr, that isn't really all that much. When the lowly .22 is half the price I can load my other calibers for, it doesn't get shot much.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought two 100 round packs of Remington 9m m 115 gr JHP at the Yukon academy this morning for 34.99 each, less my 10% Mil discount. :cool:
Academy gives a 10% discount for vets? Sign me up! Don't get there often as the nearest is 45 miles away, and not worth the drive, but do get to Tulsa and OKC on occasion.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Academy in Ft. Smith last week. Accidentally showed up at just the right time for the ammo cart to roll out. There was about 12 boxes of Remington 500rd Thundercrap 22LR. I seen a couple of neck beards that were waiting for it grab a 2 box limit. Then another one. I didn't really need it but figured I had about 10 seconds to decide if I did. I went ahead and grabbed my 2 while I finished making up my mind, They were gone in a matter of minutes. 39 each. They didn't say squat about a military discount though.

For some reason I get the impression that down here in SE OK there is enough 22LR ratholed to dump a full clip into every squirrels head in the state of OK at least 5 times.

THANKS Jao Bae Din. Putz.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom