What Gun Would You Buy With $1,000?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He says he wants a SIG P226, I say get the SIG.

Unless you can provide adequate reasons for NOT getting the SIG vs. something comparable, he should get what HE wants.

I have mentioned wanting an AR in .260Rem, several buddies say, "No, just get the .308."

Well, It's what I WANT, it's my money. You want (insert whatever), then you get what you want.

He asked your opinion, give him reasons (quality, accuracy, design, options, accessories, etc.) for some alternative, price / value does seem to be of major concern to him. He has $2k and wants a SIG P226, go for it.

btw, I do NOT have a SIG or want a SIG.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He says he wants a SIG P226, I say get the SIG.

Unless you can provide adequate reasons for NOT getting the SIG vs. something comparable, he should get what HE wants.

I have mentioned wanting an AR in .260Rem, several buddies say, "No, just get the .308."

Well, It's what I WANT, it's my money. You want (insert whatever), then you get what you want.

He asked your opinion, give him reasons (quality, accuracy, design, options, accessories, etc.) for some alternative, price / value does seem to be of major concern to him. He has $2k and wants a SIG P226, go for it.

I'm never the person to dissuade someone from getting something they want, my opinion is usually unbiased and I don't give it out when unsolicited which is why he usually comes to me for things like this. I know more about guns than he does but still not as much as many of you guys. He sought out my opinion to help give him options so that is why I made this post.

@Gabriel42 Not immediately but in the future he is definitely interested in getting one.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he has plans for a can then I'd go with the threaded model. If he wants to put hands on one before he hits 'Buy Now', tell him to run up to Outdoor America. We had a non-threaded Scorpion p226 still in the cabinet when I left work yesterday.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the same amount of $$, he could get an M&P Core, Trijicon RMR and a threaded barrel from storm lake. I went this route (waiting on barrel) and I love this setup. Went with the 5" version. Sorry for the crappy photo, but it's the only one I have at the moment:

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_photo1_zps1f8fb0a3.jpg

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the same amount of $$, he could get an M&P Core, Trijicon RMR and a threaded barrel from storm lake. I went this route (waiting on barrel) and I love this setup. Went with the 5" version. Sorry for the crappy photo, but it's the only one I have at the moment:

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_photo1_zps1f8fb0a3.jpg

I have the RMR on order and am waiting to see if I sell enough S&W firearms to amass the points to get a 4.25" M&P 9mm CORE. Sold one to a buddy and it is almost unfair how easy it is to shoot. Unless you got a hell of a deal, that setup right there was north of $1k, not counting the Storm Lake threaded barrel or taxes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom