What Kind of "Range Bag" Do You Use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I normally wouldn't associate high quality with Uncle Mikes but I bought one on sale at Sports World 7 or 8 years ago. It has proved to be durable and a great purchase. Tough construction with large zippers. I also use some cheap backpacks for extras.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A small fish/tackle bag I got on clearance from walmart. It's similar to the $10 Cabelas bag. I don't need to carry much, just ammo mostly, ear plugs, that's about it. Before I bought this bag I used a Walmart sack.

A Walmart sack? Dang Bro, that is truly sad. Why doncha get an old shopping cart to go along with it? Dang.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use an old duffel bag with shoulder strap for targets chrony spotting scope tripod etc. then various ammo cans for ammo. I have another with bullet puller cleaning supplies digital scale etc. when I'm just taking one rifle I have a soft rifle case/shooting mat I take that has straps like a backpack that works really well and has several pockets and Molle that I can add kifaru pouches too to Carry other things like spotting scope etc.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Walmart sack? Dang Bro, that is truly sad. Why doncha get an old shopping cart to go along with it? Dang.

Lol, I used to go to Walmart or Academy on my way to the range, and that's all I really need to take to the range. I have various tools in my truck, but never need them. No spotting scopes, mats, shooting sunglasses, ect. Just guns and ammo, a shopping cart would be overkill. I guess I'm a minimalist, I only carry what I need.

1911Kevin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Currently using the 5.11 range bag. Just ordered the GPS tactical backpack. Saw a few shooters at the Nationals with them and they seem to work well. Lots of "organization".
The obvious challenge is i may end up carrying around more than I really need.
Main reason I want a change is while moving from stage to stage I let my current bag hang off my side, banging against my holstered gun. I just know someday it's going to make me knock it out of the holster and get a DQ.
Not coordinated enough to carry it in the other side.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, I used to go to Walmart or Academy on my way to the range, and that's all I really need to take to the range. I have various tools in my truck, but never need them. No spotting scopes, mats, shooting sunglasses, ect. Just guns and ammo, a shopping cart would be overkill. I guess I'm a minimalist, I only carry what I need.
This! Just throw away when done. Rifle case has mag pockets for those mags. Pistol and mag pouches on hip. Tools and ear protection always in truck.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several. The Midway large range bags are nice. I have a couple of those. It's nice not to have to switch everything over from having a dedicated 3 Gun bag.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Currently using the 5.11 range bag. Just ordered the GPS tactical backpack. Saw a few shooters at the Nationals with them and they seem to work well. Lots of "organization".
The obvious challenge is i may end up carrying around more than I really need.
Main reason I want a change is while moving from stage to stage I let my current bag hang off my side, banging against my holstered gun. I just know someday it's going to make me knock it out of the holster and get a DQ.
Not coordinated enough to carry it in the other side.

Not a DQ as long as you don't pick it up yourself. At least not in USPSA anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom