What popular gun do you not understand the appeal of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So first things first...
I was going to go with Sig on this one, but I think I'm gonna have to go with KEL-TEC!!! I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about em just makes my stomach turn! Got the "pleasure" of putting 3rds down one at the range last month. After shooting it I burst into laughter when I realized that my face was cringed and my eyes were squinting because somewhere deep down in my subconscious, my brain actually thought there was a legitimate possibility that the gun might explode in my face! Stupid I know, but who am I to argue with my own survival instincts??? And let's not even talk about their looks! Some of those things look like they were welded together from scrap metal. I'd almost rather get stabbed by a Benchmade than pistol-whipped by a broken Kel-Tec! And again, I've never heard anything about their reliability, and I guess like the old saying, (God forgive me) a chick that ugly's GOTTA be smart, so who knows???

And now, in regards to the following...
I seriously doubt more rounds of 308 have been fired than 5.56, not even close.
I am counting all 308’s including all nato 7.62’s ....but yes just standard old us 308 you’d be correct ....

I dunno. At first I thought, "overwhelming yes". After pondering further, I don't think the difference in round count is quite as severe as you might think. If we're talking about the civilian sector, yeah 5.56 is being torn through at every range in the country, but for how long 7-10 years maybe??? And the last few times I went there wasn't a single AR there, but there were plenty of 308s. Why? Because it's hunting season, and the 308 is America's favorite hunting bullet.
And as for Military use, 308 saw loads of WW2 combat before 5.56 even came around and the M16 didn't "replace" the M14 until more than halfway through 'nam, and aside from the M249 and minigun, it's still our favorite machine gun round. And let's not forget that it's the favorite round of Military and LE snipers and DMs in almost all "Allied Forces" and those guys freakin' TRAIN!

So yeah, we have probably expended more 5.56 over the years, but I don't think the difference would be as insane as I first thought, and I'm almost willing to bet that at least 75% of the guys on this board over 35 shot 308 before 223.

IDK, just the $0.02 of a man up past his bed time. Lol

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure, the more I think about it; the .30-06 Springfield cartridge because of WWI/WWII could be astronomical over 308/7.72X51 but who knows? When we think about belt fed machine guns the 7.62X51 numbers may jump significantly and there sure were a crap load of FN-FALs around the free world. Heck, I love them all... For what it's worth my absolute most priceless position is an M1A my Dad gave me but I sure do love my LE6920 too... Damn good to be an American is all I know....

Latest posts

Top Bottom