What popular gun do you not understand the appeal of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot a friends 50AE. Impractical for anything but the range, really expensive ammo, but heavy recoil and fun to shoot.

8 wouldn't own one, though.
I chickened out after watching the rotational torque those things have. Didn't want to drop his pistol in the dirt. Shot his 500S&W though..

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Judge (and its ilk).

I understand the love for Glocks, etc. They're "utilitarian to the point of being pedestrian," but then, so are my Craftsman screwdrivers. They just work. They're soulless, but they're tools, and they perform their function admirably. I don't happen to care for them myself (they don't fit my hands well), and it's fun to tease the fanboys, but at the end of the day, they're very well-suited to their tasks, and I understand and appreciate that.

The Judge, though...what is its purpose? It's lousy as a shotgun and oversized as a .45LC. Why? I just don't get it.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Beretta 92. The grip is gigantic and for me the safety/decocker is just awkward. And pump shotguns with pistol grips and chainsaw grips and the like.
Small hands ...small gloves........lol

Just kidding .....lI agree with you I couldn’t get used to the Beretta 92..........it was like holding a fence post

Pump Shotties are another thing ....why...why....why....has to be the movies ......nothing they can do but pinch pinkie skin

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm surprised to see so many not like the Glock.
Every time I talk about them sucking I get a lot of negative feedback.
And before everyone jumps on the bandwagon of "they're super reliable", sorry, they jam and malf quite a bit. Deny all you want, but I've seen it firsthand way too many times.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
black rifles - got my fill of them in the Army. And, plastic, striker fired pistols - and I've owned and shot several.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised to see so many not like the Glock.
Every time I talk about them sucking I get a lot of negative feedback.
And before everyone jumps on the bandwagon of "they're super reliable", sorry, they jam and malf quite a bit. Deny all you want, but I've seen it firsthand way too many times.
Agreed. And it seems that fully half the guns we see have to have the empty (or not empty) mag shaken out of it because they don't drop free. Don't know that that's ever happened to any of my M&Ps.

Edit: To the OP, Ruger LCP. Just why?

Latest posts

Top Bottom