What popular gun do you not understand the appeal of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chiappa Rhino is one that I don't understand the appeal of.

A few of you have said Colt's. Why this dislike? It's one of my favorite brands, especially in DA wheelguns.
I personally hate Colt as a company, not their guns.

The Rhino shoots great (Trigger is so-so) Though it is ugly as ****. I want one now that they have finally come out with a 3in barrel. Not soo goo-goo eyed for it though

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a tough one.
I don't get the Desert Eagle or any 50 cal hand gun, but I like shooting them (couple of rounds now and then).
Would never buy one, but would love to own one.
I think I need to start drinking again.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Many of the guns mentioned already, but another that most won't agree with.

I just don't get the 1911 loving crowd. I bought my first handgun in the mid 80s and tried a friends Colt 1911 before deciding what to buy. I just wasn't impressed. I've never had a desire to own one.

Also single action revolvers, except for the Schofield. Always wanted one of those.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand the appeal of Glock pistols or Ar-15 rifles, I have owned several Glocks and at least 3 AR's. I always wind up selling them at a loss just to be rid of them. I still have one S&W M&P sport and several mags i may eventually decide to get rid of. If they make a Gen 5 Glock in 357sig i may buy one since the brands i prefer and actually shoot fairly well don't make anything in that caliber.

$$$$$

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so much manufacturers, but the weird calibers don't appeal to me. I like guns in 22lr, 9mm, 45, 223, etc so I can get ammo off the shelf most places. I'm glad those choices are available to those that like them, they're just not for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom