What Single Stack 9's have light rails?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...By that I mean any reputable brands.
Don't know your opinion on Taurus, but the latest generations have been given generally high marks in reviews and long term tests. Their G2s has a standard, if very short, rail. It can accommodate lights like the Streamlight TLR-6 or Crimson Trace Rail Master.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I've never understood how you point a firearm mounted light and see whatever, without pointing the firearm at them. How do you manage to do that without violating "Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy"?

I have no single stack 9mm's with rails out of the 4 I have. Some 1911's in 9mm have them.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I've never understood how you point a firearm mounted light and see whatever, without pointing the firearm at them. How do you manage to do that without violating "Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy"?

If you are in your dark house and turn on a high quality flashlight...does it only illuminate directly where its pointed?
A good WML can be activated at the low and ready and illuminate an entire room.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s a good argument to use a handheld light for target identification vs one mounted on your gun. Namely that your aren’t violating rule #2 of firearms safety when your are pointing your light at whatever your identifying. Handheld lights are also a great way to illuminate your iron sights. I’ve found that a temple index positions the light in the correct orientation to illuminate your iron sights and target. It’s a good idea to practice using a light whether you weapon mount it or carry a handheld.

I have no single stack 9mm's with rails out of the 4 I have. Some 1911's in 9mm have them.

Same way a lamp works, it floods the room with light, reflected, etc. Even older incan WML's are bright enough to illuminate a room if its pointed at the floor or ceiling. So yes, anything you point your muzzle at is illuminated, but not everything illuminated is being muzzled if that makes sense. Like this pic, that picture on the shelf is probably being muzzled, but the sofa, tv, etc are all easily seen, and aren't in the line of fire. So point the light in a safe direction, ie low/high ready, and go to work. This is why some guys want all the lumens btw.
TLR-2-HL-Room.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom