What Skills do you possess?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Survival Skills do you possess?

• Total voters

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a kid, I remember looking in the pantry shelves and seeing canned squirrels as well as all the normal canned stuff.. We were dirt poor, but so was everyone else around us so nobody new it...We raised chickens, had a garden and picked all the fruit and berries in season out in the woods like everyone else around us. We ate lots of fish and game, I was about twelve years old before I found out that salt pork wasn't bacon... Blitzfike

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A decent enough cook, a fair-to-middling shot with a revolver, and also some medical skills. Plus, my career at Boeing was parts and moving things around, so like UPS, I know logisitics. You know, the proverbial beans, bullets and bandages.

That sort of thing, while not glamorous, can be very useful, if not downright vital.

Sparky2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a senior engineering student, so I think I can do anything.... but I know I can do most of what is on that list through 30 years experience on the earth.

soup

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First, I didn't read through all four pages and am sure gardening was mentioned. Although growing a garden to sustain a family might sound easy enough,
it will be very discouraging for a first timer if they where to have to rely on it if they had never done it before. There are a lot of variables that go into
gardening including but not limited to season, sun, moisture, soil, spacing, temps just to name a few. Then if a person does manage to grow a crop it's
all good during growing season. What about winter? Can you process and can enough vegetables, fruits and meats ( meat if there is no electricity to
run the freezer ) to last a long winter. Just something to think about.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Front wheel drive? I guess Ole Hank is drivin a hyundai these days!
:pms2:

I went through the list and didn't see communications on the original survey or in anyones replies. How will we talk when the cell networks are dead.

HF? VHF? UHF?

How will you keep your communications to yourselves?

One of my skill sets added to the the little list of handy things.

Reload should have been on there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom