What town in central OK is in need of a New Gun Shop??? Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What town/city in Central OK is in most need of a new Gun Shop

• Norman

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Midwest City

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Yukon

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Shawnee

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Other; Comment your post

Votes: 35 37.6%

• Total voters

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why all of the "no pawn shop" comments? I know many pawn shops just have a few junky firearms and could not be called gun stores. BUT, some of the best gun stores I have been in are also pawn shops, some have a great inventory of new guns and shooting supplies, and these types of stores also tend to have more cool and unusual used firearms.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why all of the "no pawn shop" comments? I know many pawn shops just have a few junky firearms and could not be called gun stores. BUT, some of the best gun stores I have been in are also pawn shops, some have a great inventory of new guns and shooting supplies, and these types of stores also tend to have more cool and unusual used firearms.

You are correct. Our shops being a pawn shop gives us other streams of revenue which help us keep our prices so cheap.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not central, but Lawton needs one. And not a pawn shop. A real gun shop besides wal-mart and academy (which I AM glad is here now).

Not central, but Lawton needs one. And not a pawn shop. A real gun shop besides wal-mart and academy (which I AM glad is here now).

What he said.

For sure... ;)

Lawton needs one. It's the 3rd / 4th largest city in Oklahoma and is connected to Ft.Sill. There's no public shooting ranges there AND no gun shop there. Uncle Sams Pawn had the monopoly there for a while and the place was packed. He decided to go into the used car business instead. Now there's only a handfull of small pawn shops that sells guns. Most people I know from Lawton will drive up to H&H to buy guns now or buy from the internet.

Ditto. In spades. Murf's is selling again and as good a store as it is, it's still about like driving from Moore to Chickasha which discourages a lot of people.

And even though the PX on post has a gun shop that's accessible to the military folks, it's catch as catch can - they have little to no control over what they stock, and the prices aren't really "competitive" even without the sales tax.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
From an outsider looking in, and being 100 miles NW of OKC...........apparently competition the metro area doesn't effect prices. SSP seems to be by far the lowest in prices, yet the other stores still stay open, even though the prices are way higher than SSP. Enid, Lawton, Ponca, Stillwater, Weatheford could all use a gun store.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nikat makes some very good points ...

SSP, I edited the thread and poll title to reflect the "in central OK" factor.

I was going to vote Muskogee before I saw that.

Knowing that, Shawnee/Mcloud/MWC would be my suggestion. As someone said, there are a lot of people in that area that commute to Tinker or other parts of OKC. And there really isn't any real competition for gun sales in that area.

BDC is on the south side of Shawnee, but not "on the way" during most people's drive home.

and Hoov knows his stuff ...

I-35 between Moore and Norman. The demographics are there, I've done the research.

How 'bout 2 shops?? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom