what would you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so another which would you carry senario. Ok extended time out in the sticks. lets say 3-6 months. Assume You have basic provisions. And an unlikly senario you have only one of two firearm choices. A slug barrel bolt action 12 ga. I.e. mossberg 695. Or a bolt action .22. Assume ammo selection of your choice. GO!

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI, neither of your specific weapons would be on my list to be carrying around in the sticks for 3-6 months cause I don't own either.
Unless somebody just puts a gun in my hands, the choices would be something I currently own.

You need to specify the scenario.
Is this a cabin that you would be hunting around or is this strictly living out of a backpack for several months?
Is a vehicle or horse available for transportation?
Any chance for re-supply from a supply stash or is it one of those "grab a bag and gun and run" things?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
22 of course..I say it was a grab and run deal.
I have lived in the woods for 2 weeks with knife and fishing line and hooks and matches.
It sucked bad,, ate a snapping turtle i caught that i did not cook all the way and got salmonella.

Had to go home and to doctor.. I was in the 8th grade.
Damn the turtle.
Should have kept eating frogs and crawfish.

Berries and mud make great cammo.

.22 all the way and make it a small take down type.

Latest posts

Top Bottom