Whatcha Got That’s Old?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received this from my steps dad's estate, I have two of them and wish both were full of that era's coins! They obviously are hand made out of a tin can and probably soldered?View attachment 330404View attachment 330405
Well, we're waiting!

my cannonball pic

54DA2A9D-955C-40BB-A1E0-6ABF898A7172.jpeg

Last edited:

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5/8 Geo. Wostenholm pipe razor with a horn handle. An old German DublDuck strop that still had the plastic on it and amazingly supple enough to still use., An English made Rooney badger brush and a ceramic soap mug. All old except the brush.
The mug without a handle is the oldest of the lot I think.1821 on the bottom from an old barber shop in San Francisco. Was given to me by a woman who had hitchhiked to Cali in the Great Depression to pick peas. She lived in a log cabin she built herself here in OK when she got back and lived in it until she died. RIP Daisy, you were one of a kind and you were certainly a Daisy to me.

razor.jpg

Last edited:

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well @Cowbaby do you use them? Not my daily shaver, that’s my grandfather’s old Galette safety razor but I do enjoy using a straight razor now and then. Mostly during the winter which is when I grow a beard. It’s great for keeping a good straight jawline as I still shave my neck when I wear a beard.
1671576386310.jpeg

Last edited:

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes Mr. Firpro I still use a straight sometimes. I used to think it would be hard to learn to shave with one. Nope that is the easy part. Learning to sharpen one is the learning curve and I used to think I knew how to sharpen a knife. I learned real quick I was a mere babe. But as you know it has to be a day that you have time. Mostly I just use a Gillette open comb safety razor as its zip, zip and done.
Here are a pair of Frederick Reynolds 3/4 and 5/8 in the original coffins and the first safety razor Gillette ever made that did not take a special blade and started it all lying on the beige box. Open comb 3 piece that is silver plated.

F reynolds.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom