whats a good semi-auto 12ga thats decently priced?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
looking to go on a sporting clay shoot in about 2 weeks and need to pick up a good semi-auto 12ga to play with before the event...

I want to keep it in the $400-$500 range TOPS as i have an home defense 870 that i will probably sell or try to trade for the semi-auto.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used remington 1100 or 11-87. I have one of each and love them.

If you're wanting to shoot skeet with it, maybe look at the Yildiz (sp?) O/U at Academy. My dad bought one for 399 and they are very nice shotties. independent ejectors, select first barrel, and 5 chokes included. I'd rather be shooting it than his Benelli Legacy or either of my 2 autos. They are just plain nice for 400 dollars.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used remington 1100 or 11-87. I have one of each and love them.

If you're wanting to shoot skeet with it, maybe look at the Yildiz (sp?) O/U at Academy. My dad bought one for 399 and they are very nice shotties. independent ejectors, select first barrel, and 5 chokes included. I'd rather be shooting it than his Benelli Legacy or either of my 2 autos. They are just plain nice for 400 dollars.

Definite plus on the Yildiz for an O/U, I had one and stupidly gave it to my buddy for Xmas. Least he still lets me shoot it all the time. I love that gun... for the money you can't beat it. Picked up a set of Briley chokes at Academy for $29 and it patterns perfectly.

Sorry for getting of the semi-auto topic. I'm in the market for one myself for shooting skeet too. If I can find the money I'll buy a Beretta Uricka2.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New Remington 11-87 from Wal-Mart (cheapest price around on a new one).

Find a store that has them in-stock - several around still do and they're just a hair above $500 last time I checked.

A used 11-87 will probably cost you $450 or better from any place in town - and most of the older fixed-choke model 1100s that will be under $400 will probably be fixed mod choke (not a friendly skeet choke).

If I were going to buy an O/U for that price, I would probably hit the back of CDNN's catalog (they always seem to have plenty of O/U shotty deals), or check out a Stoeger - they appear to be worth the money for the price you're looking at.

Oh btw, whenever I hear that term, I always have to reply with:

skeet skeet skeet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd use my 1100 with an 18 1/8" barrel cylinder bore for skeet. Last time I used it on the skeet range, I had to loan it to the other guys on my team:D
It became a short barrel when my son got mud in the barrel and pulled the trigger. It ruptured the end, and when it got cut off and recrowned, it became my favorite skeet and quail gun.:D The ruptured part is now used as a training aid for the Ponca City Youth gun club to show them exactly what happens.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could do the Mossberg 930 combo and get the field barrel and a 18" barrel to replace the 870 if you sell it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be hard pressed not to get a Beretta 390 series (don't remeber exactly which model) from WallyMart. If they had one I'd grab it. Last one I saw was up in Kansas for $565. And I couldn't buy it there!:scream:

And of course they didn't sell smokeless powder guns of any kind at the brand spanking new supercenter in Guymon.:scream::scream::scream:

Latest posts

Top Bottom