What's a Steel Challenge Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okbishop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also.. What caliber can I shot. 9mil? 22lr? What about age limits. My 14 year old son would love this and has better eyes than me. So could he shot as well?

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also.. What caliber can I shot. 9mil? 22lr? What about age limits. My 14 year old son would love this and has better eyes than me. So could he shot as well?

you can shot any caliber there is a centerfire and rimfire class. Im not sure about age limit but I think 14 can shoot .

There is no power factor to make

gwkoch

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot my first match a few weeks ago at USSA. Here are a couple things that I remember:

4 Classes: 22lr iron sights, 22lr optics, center-fire iron sights, center-fire optics.

22lr shoots from a "low ready" position. Center-fire draws from holster. Also, center-fire is for 9mm and larger pistols.

Safety:

No loaded weapons unless on the firing line and instructed to do so.

There is one area at each stage that is used for a safe gun handling zone. At this area you can safely handle your weapon (no loaded weapons or ammunition handling), practice drawing (must be facing berm), unpack weapon then holster ect.

You can load your magazines in between rounds as long as you are not in the safe zone. Remember not to handle weapon when out of the safe zone or load magazines when in safe zone.

I know there is much more that can be mentioned but these are just basics. If there is a more experienced shooter that can add to or correct me please do. I am here to learn and criticism is welcome.

Hope this helps.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot my first match a few weeks ago at USSA. Here are a couple things that I remember:

4 Classes: 22lr iron sights, 22lr optics, center-fire iron sights, center-fire optics.

22lr shoots from a "low ready" position. Center-fire draws from holster. Also, center-fire is for 9mm and larger pistols.

Safety:

No loaded weapons unless on the firing line and instructed to do so.

There is one area at each stage that is used for a safe gun handling zone. At this area you can safely handle your weapon (no loaded weapons or ammunition handling), practice drawing (must be facing berm), unpack weapon then holster ect.

You can load your magazines in between rounds as long as you are not in the safe zone. Remember not to handle weapon when out of the safe zone or load magazines when in safe zone.

I know there is much more that can be mentioned but these are just basics. If there is a more experienced shooter that can add to or correct me please do. I am here to learn and criticism is welcome.

Hope this helps.

thats true at ussa but difrtrny tangrs are setup diferently

Latest posts

Top Bottom