What's brass worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an fairly large collection of brass (at least by my standards), and it's growing every week. I deprime and wet tumble most of my pistol brass. I deprime, wet tumble, and swage all of my .223/5.56 brass, and others are still just dirty range pickups. I've had a few people want to buy some brass from me, but I don't have a clue what I should charge if I do decide to sell some. I have never posted any brass on OSA to sell before, but a few who know what I have here have asked about buying some.

I've seen what some brass on here sells for, which gives me a good base. That being said, the price that 9mm deprimed and tumbled brass might sell for on here, is MUCH cheaper than I've found on some websites.

Quick question for any who might have an opinion on this, what would you charge for the following if you were selling it - be it on OSA or elsewhere:

Mixed head stamp:
9mm
10mm
38 special
357 mag
44 mag
.223/5.56
6.5 Creedmoor
300 Blackout
30 Carbine

I have TONS of some of these (nearing 25K 9mm rounds), all deprimed, wet tumbled, etc, and fair amounts of others. Mostly it's been my own shooting plus range pickups. I'm now sorting brass for my local gun store each week because they are going to start selling brass as well. I take a small cut for my time, and give back the rest. Since that's happened, I could've had WAY more brass than I already have, but have only been taking a few pieces. It's a friend's shop and I'm just trying to help them out.

Back on topic, does anyone have any thoughts on what any of the above calibers should sell for - deprimed and wet tumbled, or what they may be worth as untouched, range brass?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.diamondkbrass.com/home.php
This is where I buy my brass when I cannot find it locally, when you have a price post it cause my local guy seems to have taken up posting hot chicks(with or with out fingers on the trigger) and tearing up lawnmowers! Not mentioning any names but @RickN knows who I am talking about!:cool:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is where I buy my brass when I cannot find it locally, when you have a price post it cause my local guy seems to have taken up posting hot chicks(with or with out fingers on the trigger) and tearing up lawnmowers! Not mentioning any names but @RickN knows who I am talking about!:cool:

:pms2:

I'll come up with a price on some of them and post them soon. Thanks.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sorry but the docs say I have to stop. I will be posting what I have left soon. But first I have to get the lawn mower fixed.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy on a different forum I watch sells at these prices all the time

I don't usually ask for it, but I have picked up some locally for around those prices.

Shipping is not included.

Shipping by USPS priority mail small flat rate box or padded envelope is $8.40 , Medium flat rate box is $15.05

BRASS:

44 MAG.....50pcs.........$5

44Spl..........50pcs........$6

45 Colt.........125pcs........$13

32 Long.......305pcs.........$18

32 Mag........35pcs............$3

10MM...........135pcs...........$10

38 Super........35pcs...........$2

38 Short colt...........205pcs.......$12

357 Mag........at least 1000 available........$6/100

9mm ..............at least 1000 available.........$3/100

223.................at least 1000 available..........$5/100

7.92x33.......13pcs.........$2

5.7x28.......57pcs...........$2

7.62 Tokarev .......120pcs.......$5

243..........113pcs...........$12

7.62x54........19pcs.........$2

300 BO.......775pcs.........$66

7.62x39......645pcs..........$50

30-06 ........148pcs.......$15

308............79pcs..........$8

303 ..........10pcs..........$2

6.5 Creedmore......40pcs......$6

7mag.........20pcs..........$3

300win Mag........4pcs.........$1

50AE..........36pcs..........$5

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy on a different forum I watch sells at these prices all the time

I don't usually ask for it, but I have picked up some locally for around those prices.

Is that cleaned and deprimed, or just dirty range brass? I'm questioning whether or not it's worth it to deprime and tumble if I'm going to end up selling some of it. I deprimed 1200 pieces of .40 tonight and my fingers aren't very happy with me.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Range brass, have never asked if he deprived and cleans. For me that would be a non issue as I would put it all thru my process anyway as I would rather know it is good that hope it is.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Range brass, have never asked if he deprived and cleans. For me that would be a non issue as I would put it all thru my process anyway as I would rather know it is good that hope it is.

Exactly. My brass goes through my process. No questions afterward about what if a round doesn't work. I don't buy brass, and have a ton of it collected from the range as well. May have to look at selling some of it down the road. Some in calibers I don't even own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom