What's on your hip right now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Concealing would, to a large degree, negate this danger. Not eliminate it, but reduce it.
However, your point is taken.

Not to be harsh, it make no sense to have a nice revolver like that in a cheap holster. Defending yourself doesn't usually consist at 20 paces at high noon. Therefore you may be attacked in close quarters. I wouldn't trust that holster in that situation for reasons seen in the video. Feel free to ask the instructors on this site their experiences with them. They know a heckuva lot more than myself about self defense. :D

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right hip--Kimber Pro Tactical II in a slide--covered easily by my shirt.
Left front pocket--S&W model 638.
Right front pocket --2 Bianchi speed strips (6 rounds each)
Left rear pocket-- Nowlin 8 round mag loaded with silver tips
Right rear pocket--Cold Steel Voyager--Very sharp
Rear of belt-- Cuffs
Left of belt buckle--Surefire

I always wear jeans and polo shirts (untucked)

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
gerhard, I almost bought a year or so ago, but couldn't scrape up the cash at the time. Owning one is on my dream list.

Found one.... $1750

http://web.me.com/mobguns/Mobguns/Heavy_Metal_-_Rods_&_Heaters/Pages/S&W_NY_SP_.357.html

Oh, my WORD!!!!
Well, as much as I'd like to carry one of mine, that puts a damper on that. I guess I'll continue looking for a good Model 28 or a 38/44 Heavy Duty.

And to GMT, if I can take the liberty of calling you that, I carry only my glock in a Fobus, and very seldom at that. In fact, the last time that I did it I was working as a PI in Kansas. I usually carry my 681 in a FIST IWB kydex, or sometimes an original Baker pancake holster. There have been times, but not many, when I carried my 65 or my 681 in a copy of the baker that I had made in Wichita a few years ago. I also have an IWB leather holster for a 3" model 13 that my brother made for me almost 30 years ago. It fits my 681 as well.
When I get either a Highway Patrolman, or a Heavy Duty, I have a Don Hume pancake that I am confident will conceal it pretty well.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right hip--Kimber Pro Tactical II in a slide--covered easily by my shirt.
Left front pocket--S&W model 638.
Right front pocket --2 Bianchi speed strips (6 rounds each)
Left rear pocket-- Nowlin 8 round mag loaded with silver tips
Right rear pocket--Cold Steel Voyager--Very sharp
Rear of belt-- Cuffs
Left of belt buckle--Surefire

I always wear jeans and polo shirts (untucked)

Which Surefire model do you carry and what type of carrier/pouch do you tote it in Al?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, my WORD!!!!
Well, as much as I'd like to carry one of mine, that puts a damper on that. I guess I'll continue looking for a good Model 28 or a 38/44 Heavy Duty.

And to GMT, if I can take the liberty of calling you that, I carry only my glock in a Fobus, and very seldom at that. In fact, the last time that I did it I was working as a PI in Kansas. I usually carry my 681 in a FIST IWB kydex, or sometimes an original Baker pancake holster. There have been times, but not many, when I carried my 65 or my 681 in a copy of the baker that I had made in Wichita a few years ago. I also have an IWB leather holster for a 3" model 13 that my brother made for me almost 30 years ago. It fits my 681 as well.
When I get either a Highway Patrolman, or a Heavy Duty, I have a Don Hume pancake that I am confident will conceal it pretty well.

Will you adopt me?

I think you stole my S&W wheelgun wishlist!

13 3" ??? Be it a collector or not, that's pretty much my holy grail of S&Ws.

I'll guess you like the fixed sight guns over the adjustables?

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will you adopt me?

I think you stole my S&W wheelgun wishlist!

13 3" ??? Be it a collector or not, that's pretty much my holy grail of S&Ws.

I'll guess you like the fixed sight guns over the adjustables?
Yes I do prefer the fixed sights, and not to rub it in, but I also have a couple of Model 22's in 45 ACP. One is the 4" with extractor rod shroud, and the other one has a 5 1/2" barrel and is a dead-ringer for the 1950 Army model that is descended from the M-1917. It is also in 45 ACP.
My model 13 was one of the guns that I took to Long Beach, California, with me in 1985 when I took Massad Ayoob's LFI 1 course, but I ended up qualifying with a 38 caliber Colt Police Positive Special that I had instead.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
At least I gotcha there. I have a 22-4 Thunder Ranch .45 ACP 4".

I've only been working on getting Smiths for a couple years. Beautiful guns.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least I gotcha there. I have a 22-4 Thunder Ranch .45 ACP 4".

I've only been working on getting Smiths for a couple years. Beautiful guns.

My 4" is a Thunder Ranch, as well. I was fairly lucky because I seem to have gotten one of the few of them that had a good trigger pull from the factory.
I didn't luck out so well with my 5 1/2" however, as that gun has not got a good pull at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom