What's the advantage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming both are quality units, the main difference is in the take up to trigger break. The standard AR gradually increases in resistance until the break and a two stage will have a steady resistance until you reach the bump just before trigger break.
The standard trigger breaks without much warning, whereas the two stage has a definite and perceptible "bump" before it breaks.
It is way easier to demonstrate than it is to explain.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming both are quality units, the main difference is in the take up to trigger break. The standard AR gradually increases in resistance until the break and a two stage will have a steady resistance until you reach the bump just before trigger break.
The standard trigger breaks without much warning, whereas the two stage has a definite and perceptible "bump" before it breaks.
It is way easier to demonstrate than it is to explain.

That's about the best way to explain it.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i dont think it is worth it. in the DIY section their is a thread on how to do a trigger job on a plain gi trigger. I have virtually zero creap on mine and 3.5 lb pull to break...for about $1.00. maybe for a long range sniper build that wouldnt suffice, but for a plinking gun it is pretty dang nice.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is for me.
If you need to shoot rapidly, you wont notice the difference. You will pull straight through just like a single stage.
For distance shots, feeling where the break occurs is an advantage.

Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. You should spend some time with both before taking the decision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom