whats the best next step after the basic ccw course?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of things does one do in these advanced classes? Is it refining your grip, trigger pull, etc? Or is it moving and shooting?
Idk if I'd call it refining or changing. There is no shooting and moving in acp1, but maybe in 2. You have to walk CORRECTLY before you can run. How do you grip the pistol? How's your trigger control, do you shoot to slack out or ride to reset? These things must be done correctly, unconsciously, before you move on.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Send a PM to Prdator. I have taken his handgun 1 & 2 classes and have also been in a class with him. He has put a lot of time into his personal training and shares this in his classes.

Thanks man!!!!!

Sorry for the slow response, Im in Memphis teaching at the Tactical Conference ( hanging with the Big Dogs!!!)

Yes my class would be a Great place to start, I cover the Fundamentals of shooting a handgun and drawing it from a holster, we will go over, Grip, stance, trigger control, sight alignment, draw stroke, etc.
There are other great schools as well, Pistol Skill, with Will andrews, USSA and TDSA, all do a Great job.
Hope to see you on the range.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can recomend the Advanced Concealed Carry class at USSA. It is a 1 day class, 4 hours class time and 4 hours range time. It covers legal and practical aspects of concealed carry, managing unknown contacts, and types of holsters/carry methods in the class portion. During the range portion you get lots of practice drawing and firing from concealed, including extreme close/contact shooting, as well as moving to and using cover. Great class and a good next step.

Latest posts

Top Bottom