Whats the difference between a Bravo 1 and a Bravo 2 outdrive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahammer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bravo 2's are for cruisers, a little stouter to pusher heavier boats. Gearing is different also. Bravo 1's in all their different configurations are for performance and higher HP playboats

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so my brad smith powered 52' MTI will need something stouter??

Well you would have the only MTI in the world with outdrives on it! I used to be a cat guy back in the day, before they were cool and 20 of them on grand. Now im back to my roots of fast vee's with canopies. What are you working on?

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya i heard the "E" dock boys are selling the cats and getting v's. Im more of a low rent guy compared to them. Im thinking of selling my 24 foot century (454 w/bravo 1) and buying a 26 foot wellcraft cruiser (454 w/ bravo 2).

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grand is too small for those boats, its like your boat going down Choteau Bend. Over about 26' and you have to be pushing 90 to have any fun, 32-38' and you need to be running 110+ on a windy day, over 40' and there aint any part of the lake big enough to get rough enough water. One time we came out of Woodard and Dennis (white skater) was leaving right behind us. We were pegged at like 88 and by the time he got on plain and came around, he had to be running 120-130. He got about a hundred feet in front of us and hit a big roller. It was so awesome to see both the drives all the way out of water. Then we realized, S**T!, we are about to hit the same wave. Needless to say we flew like one of them planes you work on!

Any of the Bravos will be fine for what your wanting. Bravo I you can normally find parts easier, cheaper, and good used stuff.

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iv been outta the boat scene since my last child, alot of toys went by by. At the time Dennis, was just supercharged, by Brad, the same yr he ran at loto, at 170 something i think. Im sure he has Brad's turbo set up by now. The only capsule boat I knew of was Delo's, the old bud light race boat. I havent seen it since probably right around the weekend it arrived at E dock. Man its been a long time, now that i think about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom