What's up with 'my' deer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cameras have shown me about a dozen regular locals. One fork buck, a three X about 3 1/2yo buck and the rest does w/young uns. About three days ago all of a sudden - nothing on the cameras.

Don't really know much about deer, so looking for some input.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
if they where on your cam because you had some kind of feed in front of it I would say they are on acorns,but I would think acorns have been on the ground now for a week or 2

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if they where on your cam because you had some kind of feed in front of it I would say they are on acorns,but I would think acorns have been on the ground now for a week or 2
I don't know about other parts of the state, but I have a bumper crop of acorns. They started falling a coupe of weeks ago, and it still sounds like hail on my roof every time the wind blows.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember hunting a field at Lexington WMA for bow season.
I had a recurve 40lb draw and sat and watched 8 deer playing for 2 evenings..
Watched because they were just out of range..20yards and under was my range.

3rd day 7 deer
4th day 5 deer
At a week in all that was left was 1 young deer.
I got 1 shot at it running Missed!!!
Started with 3 adults.

I feel they all were killed by other hunters.
I eventually got a better bow.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 2 cents is that there are a lot of changes going on in the woods right now. Their preferred food is raining down in mass amounts and there are lots of groceries on the ground in places other than your feeder, and the rut is kicking in, which can change past patterns. I'm no longer seeing mass numbers on the meadows browsing, so I have started hunting my stands that are tucked back in the woods where they are feeding. Still seeing the same numbers, just in a different location than they were earlier in the season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom