What's up with the .40's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mythical, the .45 kills every bad guy in one shot and he flys backwards through the air when it hits.

Recoiless, the 9mm that has so little recoil that you can shoot many rounds with minimal adjustment dropping your target where it stands instantly.

:thumb:

9mm over .40.... because that extra 2 rounds is gonna matter.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I've always considered 9mm as a woman's round and the .45 as a grandpa's round, so I've always shot .40 S&W. Recoil doesn't really concern me. Seeing how I became a grandpa last week, I will probably migrate towards the .45 in a few years.

I honestly can't feel much difference shooting my wife's M&P 9mm and my XD .40S&W. And the fact I can find .40 ammo almost everywhere and rarely see 9mm is another reason it doesn't bother me. I remember reading about people saying 9mm is a better round because it's a NATO round and will always be avail. Well, one school shooting and one idiot President making a few ignorant statements has proven that argument wrong.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've always considered 9mm as a woman's round and the .45 as a grandpa's round, so I've always shot .40 S&W. Recoil doesn't really concern me. Seeing how I became a grandpa last week, I will probably migrate towards the .45 in a few years.

I honestly can't feel much difference shooting my wife's M&P 9mm and my XD .40S&W. And the fact I can find .40 ammo almost everywhere and rarely see 9mm is another reason it doesn't bother me. I remember reading about people saying 9mm is a better round because it's a NATO round and will always be avail. Well, one school shooting and one idiot President making a few ignorant statements has proven that argument wrong.
I think maybe you misunderstand the 9mm availability thing. It's more available because military and police use 9mm in more countries around the world by far. That is why it might be a better idea to carry a 9mm to war as opposed to a .40 or .45.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think maybe you misunderstand the 9mm availability thing. It's more available because military and police use 9mm in more countries around the world by far. That is why it might be a better idea to carry a 9mm to war as opposed to a .40 or .45.

Well, but dont you take the ...better weapons also?....LOL
.... ;)

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

I didn't misunderstand it. The guys I hear talking about it, have misunderstood it. And this recent ammo shortage has given me ammo (pun intended) to refute their argument. I understand the "war" argument, but the people I hear talking about the benefit are talking about during a civil uprising.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I didn't misunderstand it. The guys I hear talking about it, have misunderstood it. And this recent ammo shortage has given me ammo (pun intended) to refute their argument. I understand the "war" argument, but the people I hear talking about the benefit are talking about during a civil uprising.
Well it is the primary round of the military and a lot of law enforcement. I think it applies to that as well. Pls right now I can go buy a box of 9mm, but I haven't seen much .40 lately. I see lots of used .40's for sale though. Hhmmmmm....

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am definitely more of a .45 fan than a 9mm fan.

Oh me too, thats what I carry, but I like to shoot the M&p40, and g23. Our PD carry g21's, same mag will fit my g30.
Maybe some are tradeing to 9 because ammo Is cheaper
I use airsoft to practice , being in town and all,,,,, ;). umarex co2 m&p 40 with action slide, oh and the silent "bow"
Trigger control and stealth in about an hour practice

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my .40 M&P because I didn't have a .40 or an M&P plus the only ammo on the shelves was .40S&W. Now, if there's an ammo shortage different than the current ammo shortage I'll have something to shoot no matter what ammo is left. Well, except .380...I don't have one of those... Hmmmm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom