What's up with the .40's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't say anything about all the other .40S&W guns but in the M&P the recoil was a non issue and I love the gun/caliber combo.

This. I shot a G22, a Sigma and some other .40 I can't remember a friend of a friend had and I hated it with a passion. Guy at Happy Hollow had a M&P40c he let me shoot 8 rounds through in return for 8 rounds through my Combat Commander. Dear God I was in love! That thing was as soft as a 9 and I put all 8 rounds one on top of the other at 10 yards.

I want an M&P45 now. :)

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prices of ammo, ammo scare, modern improvements to 9mm ammo, and all the cool kids with beards and shades promoting 9mm all have something to do with it. There's even been a few police departments in the nation switching from .40 to 9mm now.

I think you'll start to see more of a shift back to the 9mm. There will still be plenty of agencies using .40 and also in competitions with people running tuned 2011 pistols on certain matches. As much as I want to switch to a 9mm, I think I'll stick with the .40 for the time being. During the whole Sandy Hook mess, 9mm and .45ACP was no where to be found (even the cheap stuff) but I could always find .40 if I looked hard enough. I knew people who were willing to pay almost anything for 9mm and .45acp locally and it was also hard to find online. I didn't seem to have the same problem with .40. That alone will probably keep me with the .40 as long as this remains true for me.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a passel of 9mm and 3 40's.

What I don't have is a .45.

I'm not sure which, but I think I'll remedy that in the not too distant future.

Anyone wanna recommend a 1911 for a guy that is small of stature with hands smaller than a tea saucer??

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've got a passel of 9mm and 3 40's.

What I don't have is a .45.

I'm not sure which, but I think I'll remedy that in the not too distant future.

Anyone wanna recommend a 1911 for a guy that is small of stature with hands smaller than a tea saucer??
I have a S&W 3" Pro Series. It's small, lightweight and shoots great.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go with 9mm because I tend to shoot it better than anything else, and I like the additional capacity of most 9mm handguns. For me 40's have a different recoil (flip) that takes longer for me to get back on target with and reduces my accuracy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom