What's with people shooting ARs indoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I swear - the last few times I've been to the range (indoors) I always get some Moron next to me shooting his AR.

Nothing like that percussion (with 30 round dumps) so he can "sight in" at 25yrds.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its hot outside and your at a gun range. Its gonna be loud. :hot:

^^^^^^^ This.

Also, for me, I always start out at the indoor range to get my gun on paper. That way I don't have to do the 50-100 yard walk after every 3-5 shots to see if I'm hitting where I need to be. Basically, I'm lazy and I try to avoid sweating as much as possible. :-)

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some 25 yard, 100 yd compensated sight in targets. Work great for starting out. Plus not everyone has access to land to shoot outside, or wants to drive all the way out to Banner, and in this heat who the hell would want to anyways? Just be glad I'm courteous enough to use the silencer on the SBR.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dont think ive ever fired a rifle indoors. Ive always wanted to shoot my muzzleloaders indoors though. Is there rules against that?

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont think ive ever fired a rifle indoors. Ive always wanted to shoot my muzzleloaders indoors though. Is there rules against that?

Depends on the range, I know a few people take their black powder stuff to indoor ranges from time to time.

But I have shot my AR at the indoor range, I would guess most people do at some point. Eventually will sight it in @100 yards plus outdoor but not gonna happen when it's over 90. Shots are hitting about two inches high on paper @25 yards so I should be pretty good. But I try and be courteous enough not to dump the whole mag in ten seconds while I am there and the compensator does tend to blow things around pretty well.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some 25 yard, 100 yd compensated sight in targets. Work great for starting out. Plus not everyone has access to land to shoot outside, or wants to drive all the way out to Banner, and in this heat who the hell would want to anyways? Just be glad I'm courteous enough to use the silencer on the SBR.

Pretty much all of this, especially bolded. 10.3" barrel with a 51t brake is brutal. On a related note, I actually just go back from Banner and it wasn't all that bad. Had the range all to myself and got the gas system on my M&P10 dialed in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom