What's with people shooting ARs indoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot a match at H&H where AR's were allowed.

I was RO'ing on of our members here through the stage. He had an M4 with a rolling thunder comp on it. I had double ear protection on, and it was still hurting my ears.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
]I have some 25 yard, 100 yd compensated sight in targets. Work great for starting out. Plus not everyone has access to land to shoot outside[/B], or wants to drive all the way out to Banner, and in this heat who the hell would want to anyways? Just be glad I'm courteous enough to use the silencer on the SBR.

THIS..
and a $40 boresighter....whats wrong with people??...8/

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its hot outside and your at a gun range. Its gonna be loud. :hot:

At H&H it's just as hot inside.

I've had a guy in the lane next to us make a remark about my 1911 .45 being loud.
I've shot next to a guy shooting a .454 Casull, which did surprise me on the first shot.
I've shot a friend's M1A there, no complaints.

Maybe it's just me, but I just don't get the big deal. It's a gun range, of course there's going to be people shooting guns, including big guns. "Suck it up, buttercup" comes to mind.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At H&H it's just as hot inside.

I've had a guy in the lane next to us make a remark about my 1911 .45 being loud.
I've shot next to a guy shooting a .454 Casull, which did surprise me on the first shot.
I've shot a friend's M1A there, no complaints.

Maybe it's just me, but I just don't get the big deal. It's a gun range, of course there's going to be people shooting guns, including big guns. "Suck it up, buttercup" comes to mind.

I took the beowulf to H&H one day. the kid at the counter put me on a lane with all the pistol shooters. I pretty much stopped everyone else shooting with my first shot. I felt bad but that is where the kid told me to go.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much all of this, especially bolded. 10.3" barrel with a 51t brake is brutal. On a related note, I actually just go back from Banner and it wasn't all that bad. Had the range all to myself and got the gas system on my M&P10 dialed in.

Umm. I call this "Flash-bang-on-a-stick".

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Umm. I call this "Flash-bang-on-a-stick".

supermarcey.files.wordpress.com_2014_05_armyofdarkness_quotes_boom_stick_1.gif

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't mind the noise...I've pulled triggers on .500s plenty and love big Boomers.

I just think it's funny for kids with their "new" ARs to come ripping through magazines at 25yrds.

I feel like handing out directions to OKC Gunclub or Banner road....

I just think it's pretty silly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom