What's with people shooting ARs indoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha...now I see why you're so angry...you're Butthurt from the thread where you got called out when you said a. .45ACP from a pistol was "1 shot and they're down for good" (M9 thread from Handgun forum...funny read)

You need some salve for the cheeks or do you feel better now?

Bless Your Heart:cry11:

uh?? derail???

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...and for anyone that doesn't already know it - practicing rifle fundamentals at 25 yards is very effective. Try this: measure out an exact one inch square on a sheet of paper. Color it in, so you have a nice 1" target.
Now post it at 25 yards or meters, and put ten shots into it, without using a rest or a bipod.

It's only 25 yards, and that square is 4 moa at that distance, so it should be no problem....

^^ This right here... I frequently shoot my ARs and other rifles at 25m on inch squares or 25m Army Qualification Tests. Like Ted said it is a good way to keep up on fundamentals without all the walking you do on a full distance range. That is why we do most of our Appleseed classes at 25m. A couple of the stages of the AQT involve significant time pressure, so could be mistaken for a "mag dump" I suppose, but you can fire a round every second or two and still keep the groups under 4 MOA if you know what you're doing. Come to an Appleseed and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Also, a 25m zero can be very useful... on an AR, a 25m zero is very close to a 300m zero. On an M1 or M1A, it is equal to a 200m zero. Zero an AR 2 MOA low at 25m, and you have a good 200m zero. I got a last-minute zero this way at H&H last year before a Run 'n Gun, and smoked the bonus stage where you have to get a first-round hit on a head sized target at 250 yards.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, a 25m zero can be very useful... on an AR, a 25m zero is very close to a 300m zero. On an M1 or M1A, it is equal to a 200m zero. Zero an AR 2 MOA low at 25m, and you have a good 200m zero. I got a last-minute zero this way at H&H last year before a Run 'n Gun, and smoked the bonus stage where you have to get a first-round hit on a head sized target at 250 yards.

Thankyou! :thumbup3:
I believe I mentioned something along these lines way back at post #5, though it was probably a bit sarcastic, but true none the less...

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot my AR at indoor gun ranges before because it's a gun range not a pistol range. I don't have access to land where I can shoot whenever I want, I'm not a member of OKCGC and H&H is close and convenient. I don't shoot it that often because it's just not that fun in a 30 yard range but I don't have issues with anyone who wants to shoot their AR next to me at the range, that's it's purpose. H&H doesn't allow mag dumps, a guy did one last I was there and was admonished, so not an issue there. I hate when people bring shotguns in and blast away but it's a gun range, I deal with it. I'll agree that it's annoying when people do mag dumps next to you but they paid to shoot there too and have every right to do whatever is allowed by the range rules. As far as not shooting a rifle at a gun range....that doesn't compute.

Whenever I take my Beowulf to H&H, which isn't often, I always request a lane away from people and I always warn people that it's going to be loud. Nobody has minded yet, usually they want to come watch and I'll let anyone who wants to take a shot do it, if I have enough ammo of course. Last time at H&H I let some guys from New Zealand, Australia and Scotland shoot my Ruger Blackhawk. They had rented a .44 magnum and none of them had ever shot a handgun before so the RO asked if they wanted to shoot a "cowboy" gun and they were pretty excited about it. I let them shoot six rounds each, load it and unload it...they loved it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha...now I see why you're so angry...you're Butthurt from the thread where you got called out when you said a. .45ACP from a pistol was "1 shot and they're down for good" (M9 thread from Handgun forum...funny read)

You need some salve for the cheeks or do you feel better now?

Bless Your Heart:cry11:

Me angry? LOL. Your the ass around here that does nothing but ***** about people shooting at an indoor range.

And I never said that either. Nice try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom