What's with people shooting ARs indoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how this got everyone riled up! I never said it was too loud...that percussion (and subsequent rapid fire) are what let me now it is someone with an AR going all 'Rambo' at a little indoor range.

I just wondered why so many people like doing mag dumps in a small indoor range with a rifle....seemed like a big waste of time and ammo without much interest. I've never complained to anyone or made remarks to them - just didn't get it..and I still don't, it seems useless when there are outdoor areas that allow distance, you know, since it's a RIFLE.

I'd think the same thing if I saw someone with their deer rifle at a little indoor range, too.

Now you have something against deer hunters doing mag dumps with their deer rifles at an indoor range too? What is this community coming to?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to mag dump a barrett 50 from the hip indoors at 25 yards, makes for good real world scenario practice.....

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, now I know it piss's ya off. I'll be sure to do all of my AR shooting at the indoor range. Last time I checked, we all have the right to shoot our guns at the indoor range. You need to step into your big girl panties, before you squeeze into your skinny jeans and head to the range. Man, people have a lot of never complaining about guns at a gun range.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, now I know it piss's ya off. I'll be sure to do all of my AR shooting at the indoor range. Last time I checked, we all have the right to shoot our guns at the indoor range. You need to step into your big girl panties, before you squeeze into your skinny jeans and head to the range. Man, people have a lot of never complaining about guns at a gun range.

I think it's more of a ( can vs. should ) kind of deal, I don't mind it most of the time when I do shoot indoors but every now and then there will be that guy that comes in with an ar that is some big caliber with some goofy muzzlebreak on it and it blows all the force into my stall and most of the time those guys know what is going on and I personally think it is rude for one shooter to do that to another.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You're free to be as big of a Dbag as you'd like!

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll shoot an AR or AK at an indoor range....no problem. I do it just to function check a gun. Don't feel I need to go to an outdoor range to do that. Nor do I feel bad about shooting them at an indoor range.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had a problem with anyone shooting an ar indoors but today I went to h and h and there was a person next to me shooting and ar10 and that sucked I wish I had doubled up on ear peotecton

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had a problem with anyone shooting an ar indoors but today I went to h and h and there was a person next to me shooting and ar10 and that sucked I wish I had doubled up on ear peotecton
I always double up on hearing protection when going to a range, indoors or outdoors. Even then, short-barrelled rifles with muzzle brakes can cause some pain.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a shooting range. It's what you do there. I used to clear out H&H when it was littler with my pile of black powder pistols.

Best time was when my ex got someone else's hot brass between her fun bags. Now THAT was funny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom