What's wrong with EOTech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aimpoint snobs are kinda like colt snobs I guess :rolleyes2 They can give you a million reasons why they are better, but for me it is pretty simple, an eotech under $400 that can mount right on your gun without having to buy a mount like you do on the super special military op that makes your gun shoot 5x better aimpoint just makes more sense to me, I don't know maybe I'm weird. I bet if the military issued eotech then they would become the magical red dot that aimpoint is.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Josh and lillysdad,

I have a question, what Aimpoint would you suggest for a guy like me? Non LEO, likes to plink, looking at shooting some 3 gun down the road, shoots about 2 - 3000 rounds a year in my AR. I want something for quick target aquisition up to 75 yards, on a carbine tactical type platform.

I would rather take the hit and buy something that I will utilize for a while, rather than buy something and upgrade later. If I have to, I would rather wait and save up a little longer to get a quality unit that will last.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Josh and lillysdad,

I have a question, what Aimpoint would you suggest for a guy like me? Non LEO, likes to plink, looking at shooting some 3 gun down the road, shoots about 2 - 3000 rounds a year in my AR. I want something for quick target aquisition up to 75 yards, on a carbine tactical type platform.

I would rather take the hit and buy something that I will utilize for a while, rather than buy something and upgrade later. If I have to, I would rather wait and save up a little longer to get a quality unit that will last.

Aimpoints are great, but for what you are looking for, an ACOG w/ the DR optic would be a great option. They are pricey, but they are damn nice!

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An Acog with a Docter for 75yd shooting, a couple thousand rounds a year? Seriously? While its an awesome setup, when used within its parameters, its not what I would call optimal for anything remotely resembling what he described.

Gillman, the dot size is purely user prefeence. I prefer the larger 4MOA dot, as I feel its faster. Others feel the 2MOA dot offers better accuracy...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Gillman, the dot size is purely user prefeence. I prefer the larger 4MOA dot, as I feel its faster. Others feel the 2MOA dot offers better accuracy...

Aren't those agreeing statements? Larger dot; faster acquisition; lower accuracy. Smaller dot; slower acquisition; higher accuracy. Wouldn't the user preference just be which is more important?

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer the 2 moa dot.

I was waiting how long it would take before the S word was used.

I don't understand that type of reasoning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom