What's wrong with EOTech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and no. While it looks and sounds good on paper, it really doesnt work that way for me. On the 4MOA model, one can dial the intensity down, and effectively make the dot smaller, or even translucent. I have yet to see an accuracy deficit when using the larger dot. The eye sees the dimmer dot as being smaller.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
**trying not to derail thread**

There are times when some people come off as snobs over gear, both here on OSA and elsewhere. But this time is not one of them. That's what the thread is about, which is better and why.

This kind of thread is what I'd like to see more of, for all gear, and all budgets. Simple comparisons for products aimed at the same market, objectively. None of the "anything less than XYZ is crap", but valid reasons why one is indeed superior to the other. This thread I can learn from. Telling me what I have or what I considered buying is crap is not something I learn from.

Some people, myself included, did not grow up around guns, and have no clue who makes the best products, or what is worth the difference, but honestly want to learn.

Carry on...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yes and no. While it looks and sounds good on paper, it really doesnt work that way for me. On the 4MOA model, one can dial the intensity down, and effectively make the dot smaller, or even translucent. I have yet to see an accuracy deficit when using the larger dot. The eye sees the dimmer dot as being smaller.

That makes sense. I guess what I said would only be valid if the dots were "solid" and not adjustable.

I had not thought of that aspect.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who say an Aimpoint is too expensive and then you have to buy another expensive mount, I recently bought a LNIB Aimpoint C3 with a LaRue QD mount for $425 on the arfcom equipment exchange. That is pretty darn close to what you are paying for an EOTech.

Latest posts

Top Bottom