What's wrong with EOTech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to the hurt feelings, we can chalk this up to another derailed thread.

Lets keep it on track - I'm asking about specific issues with the EOTech and any known issues with the Aimpoint, not which is better or why either is "just as good".

I think the most amazing part of this entire thread was that LiliysDad recommended a GG&G mount.

:bolt:

Thought I'd never see the day...

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have experience with Aimpoint or ACOG, but I'm really happy with the EOTech 512 I put on my Sig 556. It's been a great optic so far, and the rifle (obviously, but more importantly me) are quite accurate with it. I had the cheesy stock Sig red dot, and I like the EOTech reticule a lot better. That may not be the case between it and a real Aimpoint.

I really want an ACOG if I can find a Classified bargain on one. I'd love one with a red dot on top but they cost as much as a high end AR new...:shocked:

May settle for a magnifier.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A quality magnifier will set you back almost as much as an Acog.

And I gotta be honest - be it Aimpoint or EOTech, that is just absolutely ridiculous. A damn magnifier alone made by either is just a stones throw away from a Leupold Mark 4 tactical - they can't build a magnifier for less than they can a quality magnified scope?

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried to stay out of this one, since I've been using 553s & 557s, have had 0 problems, and also like the CompM4s.

Both are good sights, check 'em out and buy what suits you.

I'd give the CompM4 the edge just for being a little more idiotproof (I hate it when batteries run down, too.)

The CompM4 costs more, and the latest generation Eotechs ain't cheap either, but what's your life worth?

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven’t read all 5 pages of posts but just wanted to give my review of my Eotech 552.
I love it, I have hunted in pouring down rain with zero issues, pulled it up shot a couple hogs and kept going, never had to wipe anything off. My two buddies using there Leopold scopes on the other hand had quite the issue of seeing thru them.
any way just my $.02

Latest posts

Top Bottom