What's wrong with EOTech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As EZ pointed out this was not an "I love my EO" thread or post if you have one and it hasn't broke yet. I'm pretty sure he was looking for actual valid info as to issues with them or valid info as to why they could be comparable to the Aimpoint. All I've seen so far is a few members that have had theirs break....

For the record also I'm not a hardcore Aimpoint "snob" and will use/sell Eo's just as long as people know what they are getting.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks ... I'd paid that much for quality optics like Leupold, Zeiss, etc.
don't like having batteries as a weak point... again have had zero problems with eotech.

a one MOA red dot is might handy .. having to turn on your sights is not
crimson trace has the best system for instant on

Used is the way to go on ACOG's. I've seen TA-01's go for under $500 and compacts go for $525.

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back on post number 2 of this thread I posted an issue that I was having with my EoTech 557.223 and I got this reply back from Eotech this morning at 6:35am.

Hello John,

I inspected your unit yesterday, I instructed the tech to completely replace the housing with the lens asy and image in it. Although it was within spec, the replacement yielded a better image. It is in shipping now and will be leaving at 16:30 today.

I do not have a tracking number as of yet.

sincerely

Mike Kroll

Customer Service Manager

I do have to admit that I am pleased with their customer service and the speed at which they handled my issue. I can't wait to have my baby back!

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Aimpont is not plagued with horrendous battery life..

The Aimpoint is not crippled by rain...

The Aimpoint does not require buttons be pushed to activate..

The Aimpont is not haunted by battery contact issues...

The Aimpoint is battle tested to a degree the EoTech will never be..

The Aimpoint uses a much simpler reticle...

The Aimpoint is basically the same sight that was developed with the CompM, with revisions over the years. The EoTech is completely revamped every couple of years, due to some new issue..

Aimpoint has never filed an injunction, keeping needed items out of soldier, Marine, and Sailor hands. L3 (EoTech) has....

Aimpoint is the Mil Std issue, in the M68 CCO...

There are thousands of EoTechs in battel as we speak, while there are hundreds of thousands of Aimpoints in the same place...

This about covers it......

I will offer that I have seen four EOTechs unexplainably lose their zero in classes.

Michael Brown

SERE Guy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Out of the four EO's, four Aimpoint M68's, and four ACOG's that my guys were issued we turned in three of the EO's for either zero loss or power issues, one Aimpoint for being drop checked over 100ft, and all four of the ACOG's are still in use and adored.

Latest posts

Top Bottom