whats your favorite 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock 17,19,26
Sig P226

The rest are just wasting your time, why bother.. Tried,Tested and DELIVERED>

you can have more then one favorite right?

otherwise I'd have to pick one and your question would have to change to like, what is your favorite combat gun, or your favorite ccw, or even what if you could only have one 9mm pistol.. but since you didn't ask I choose all 4..

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a vavorite 9mm, no range, no terninal knock down. The 9mm was NOT designed to be a man stopper. The various militaries of the world use the 9mm specificly for that reason. If they cripple a soldier on the battlefield, they take 3 out of the fight. Theone that was hit and two to carry him off. Then the cost of treating that soldier takes away from the money that can be spent on beans and bullets. No beans, no bullets,...no fight.
In the civilian world, a one shot stop is what is desired.

p.s. hope i did'nt offend anyone

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a vavorite 9mm, no range, no terninal knock down. The 9mm was NOT designed to be a man stopper. The various militaries of the world use the 9mm specificly for that reason. If they cripple a soldier on the battlefield, they take 3 out of the fight. Theone that was hit and two to carry him off. Then the cost of treating that soldier takes away from the money that can be spent on beans and bullets. No beans, no bullets,...no fight.

I love hearing stuff like this. Is there a round that knocks people down?

Hunting often involves stopping much larger animals than people and they are rarely "knocked down" by the impact of a bullet - you stop someone by doing the same thing you do when hunting: you put a large hole (or just generally cause damage by way of a hollow-point or soft-nose round) through a vital area and they can't continue attacking you.

Today's bullet technology means that there are rounds designed to do much worse damage than even 10-15 years ago. So you can put a 2" hole in an attacker's center of mass, or you can put a 3" hole in their center of mass - both are more than effective enough to defend yourself (I'm approximating the size of the holes - there's plenty of research out there to show the difference in the various calibers - but this thread isn't about that, so let's stay on track).

This isn't NATO and I don't have to use ball ammo in my carry gun.

I'll shoot them a second time if I need to because I'll have a quick follow-up shot, more rounds, and less recoil thanks to my 9mm +P Speer Gold Dots or Federal Hydra-Shoks.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

no offense taken.. but in your civilian world what exactly is a 'man stopper' sir? lets be real a handgun is merely an emergency tool to get to a rifle...

even a better question as not to start a caliber war, shot placement is most important we'll all agree, just how accurate are you with your CCW Desert Eagle 50? And must I dig out and re-post an article where the BG was shot 22 times in the chest by an officers .40cal?? during the fight the officer thought he was missing him as he didn't react. also the BG wasn't on drugs the autopsy showed minimal alcohol ( like 1 beer)..

Latest posts

Top Bottom