Whats your favorite conceal gun??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for those carrying using a crossbreed supertuck: horsehide/cowhide? combat cut or not?

I've got 2 cowhide supertucks with no combat cut. I love them. Never had the horsehide, but supposedly they're good in hot environments (allows less water to soak in...such as sweat). I bought the cowhide purely because I like the looks better than the horsehide (doesn't really matter though, I'm the only one that's going to see it). Since the horsehide is a denser material, I would figure that it's probably a little less pliable/comfortable, but that's just my guess. Either way, I doubt it's a huge difference. As far as the combat cut....just never felt a need for it. I figured I could always trim it down if needed.

Faultline

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 19 with xs bigdot and spare mags for south okc and Tulsa.
Everywhere else Glock 26 with spare G19 mags.
A happystick is never far from my grasp in most cases as well.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got 2 cowhide supertucks with no combat cut. I love them. Never had the horsehide, but supposedly they're good in hot environments (allows less water to soak in...such as sweat). I bought the cowhide purely because I like the looks better than the horsehide (doesn't really matter though, I'm the only one that's going to see it). Since the horsehide is a denser material, I would figure that it's probably a little less pliable/comfortable, but that's just my guess. Either way, I doubt it's a huge difference. As far as the combat cut....just never felt a need for it. I figured I could always trim it down if needed.

I do not own a supertuck but in my experience with leather I think you will find that horsehide is more pliable, comfortable, and durable.

G19 or 642 for me.

amcarne

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Glock 23, but just got a 26. I like both of them, but I think I am going to keep the Glock 26 on me all times, b/c its so small I can put it in my pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom