whats your most sentimental firearm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ORA Frank

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 3, AK47 because my children "bought" it for me, a 1971 Savage .22LR because it was my first firearm that my mom and dad gave me and a my M4 well just because it kicks ass!

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Mauser Kar.98a marked Danzig 1911 with a 21 inch bayonet marked Erfurt 1914 that my grandfather brought back from WW1. I bought an original replacement sling for the one that rotted away.

2. Remington Model 514 .22 Short/Long/Long Rifle that was the first rifle my father "bought" for me. (Actually, he took it in lieu of cash from a guy that owed him money.) Need the correct elevation slide for the rear sight.

3. Harrington & Richardson Arms .410 break open shotgun that was the first gun my father ever bought for himself and the first shotgun he gave me. It's full choke, and I never was able to hit anything with it.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Browning A5 Light Twelve, my grandpa bought it new in around 1977/78, and when he died in 97 I got it. Killed ducks, squirrels, porcupines, doves and probably other stuff I can't remember. I've always said if someone steals it they better HOPE the cops find them first!

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my mossberg .22 with folding stock late '40s model 152..... first gun I ever shot

I inherited it from my grandpa when he died, it used to be my dad's and I remember shooting it when I was 7 hunting for ground hogs in ohio as they were destroying the crops.. last couple time I shot it it went full auto, that was a couple years ago so I'll have to find someone to fix that..

probably has minimal monetary value, but its one of those that you couldn't pay enough to get it from me...

this thread has me thinking its fine time I strip it down and give it the love it deserves, and its probably time I pass it on to my son...

JoLee1868

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Henry Lever Action .22LR that my dad had bought me for my first gun. I remember having a big scavenger hunt-style note trail to find where it was hidden. Couldnt of been more excited. Couldnt ever get rid of that rifle.

AmmoSpydr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first would be a Norinco SKS passed down from my uncle. The other would be my first purchased gun, Ruger 10/22, which has since been upgraded.

Custom%2010.22.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom