whats your most sentimental firearm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspurgeon

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Winchester thumb trigger model I got when about 8 yrs old. Made some good shots when I could see better, drug it all over this place while growing up. I'd sell everything else before this one.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1954 Armi Gelese 22. it was my mother's. she passed at the age of 82 some 17 years ago. Sis has had the pistol since. a couple months ago she gave it to me.
the pistol is a year older than me and needs some work. it is the Long version. from what i have found on the net it is "kinda" unusual. recommendations on a smith around tulsa?

Mike at 2A.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine would be my 1907 Visual Loader. Has been passed down through the generations. Next is a 1936 Savage model 5 22 bolt action. Lastly all my Glock's! LOL!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.22 Remington bolt rifle my Grandpa owned, and my dad (then me)learned to shoot with. Lots of squirrels with that. And the Mossberg 500 my dad bought for Grandpa in '69 or '70 for Christmas. Grandpa killed a ton of quail with that, before he passed away in '74. Then I used it for quite a few years, on ducks and quail - it's retired to the back od the safe now.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have two, my grandfather's service 1911, and his father's smooth bore lever action rifle made by Colt. It's not marked and I have no idea what caliber in (44-40?). Someone tried some round that was too large and now it's stuck. It's a Great Wall hanger

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say that I don't have a sentimental gun....nobody in my family ever owned guns. I am the first and hope to start the sentimental passing down to my son and daughter. I have a M1 Garand that I love because it connects me to my grandfather who fought in WW2. He's 91 and was a top turret gunner on a B17....several, actually since he was shot down a few times. But, having taught my son on his single shot cricket and now moving to the Ruger 10-22, I believe that I will look back at those...and whatever my daughter learns on (Barrett 50 cal...?) with fond memories.

Latest posts

Top Bottom