whats your most sentimental firearm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two, my grandfather's service 1911, and his father's smooth bore lever action rifle made by Colt. It's not marked and I have no idea what caliber in (44-40?). Someone tried some round that was too large and now it's stuck. It's a Great Wall hanger

I'm sure a gunsmith could fix that for you and do a chamber cast to determine what it is chambered in.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine would have to be I think it's a 12 gauge 1897ish Winchester pump shotgun....? I think that what it is, ain't quite sure but I know it's the last thing my family has from my great grandpa. That gun SHALL never be sold and I hope and pray to God it goes through generation after generation after generation!
Plus my dad's Remington 581 (LH) in .22LR. That also has a lot of sentimental value since it was his first rifle as a child.
Then my Beretta 92FS Centurion and Colt 1911 Gold Cup National Match. Why the Beretta is because it was my first handgun and the 1911 is just ungodly gorgeous and just AMAZING!!!!

Reaction score
My most sentimental firearm is actually not mine......yet. My dad saved his extra money when he was 14 years old back in 1968 in order to buy a rifle for my grandpa as a gift. He managed to save around 60 bucks and purchased a Remington Nylon 66 Apache Black in 22lr. He gave it to my grandpa for his birthday and consequently held on to it until about 6 years ago. He is a missionary and getting into his 80s so he decided to sell it in order to raise money for his trip. Both my grandpa and grandma have been in bad health and have gotten progressively worse. In the summer of 2013 my dads younger brother, my uncle Brent, drove to Tennessee to move them down to Jacksonville Florida so he can care for them. I was able to send my uncle money with the mission of finding the guy my grandpa sold it to and buy it back. Thank God he was able to find the guy and got it back for me. I had it shipped back here and gave it to my dad for his birthday several months later in September which was very meaningful. He was so happy to see it again and we took it out to the range a few weeks later and had a ball shooting it again. I absolutely cherish that rifle because of the love that it represents. It's not the gun that has the value, it's the story behind it.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
my late father in law called me over to his house a few months before he passed. he gave me the beretta 92 that he carried as a sheriff in rio rancho county nm

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is my first gun my parents gave to me on my 10th or 11th birthday. It's a H&R single shot .410 shotgun. I plan on passing it down to someone in my family (no kids yet).

What would have been my most sentimental firearm other then the one listed above would have been a cane gun my grandfather brought back from Germany during WW II. Unfortunately my meth out cousin stole it and we haven't seen it years.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now mine is a Brazilian clone of a Nylon 66, my folks gave it to me for Christmas as a kid. But one day I will inherit my dad's dad's 22 revolver.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I intend to purchase an heirloom rifle as my own son's first gun, something that he can pass on. Just haven't decided what that ought to be.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some really great stories. I wish all of you would post pics. I would love to see some of these guns.
Here is my two favs.
The model 63 was my mom's and I have been shooting it as far back as I can remember. Took years of trying, but finally talked her into selling it to me.
The H&R was a gift from my grandpa. It is another that I have been shooting for years and years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom