whats your vice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Having Caffeine!!!!!! I drink a lot of coffee each morning and a monster in the afternoon. If I don't have caffeine, I get terrible headaches. Guess I need to stock up on aspirin.

When I think of a vice, I think of a bad habit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy A/C and would hate a world without it. I just don't know if it would be a vice. Maybe I'm wrong.

grow some coffee
http://www.gurneys.com/grow_your_own_coffee

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HA HA! naked and afraid// i do not have cable but was at my buddies house and seen some of that show.
Looks like fun...
I actually ,,well a few of us..were planning a canoe trip.. from okc to eufaula lake.
figured 2 weeks tops.. you have the clothes on your back, your boat, and a choice of 3 things to take with you.

never panned out.. but think of the 3 things you would take.
if you were quick you could make Seminole in a day.. Eufaula in less than a week.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vices I can do without. Some conveniences would be a different story. A/C would be tough, but doable. Same with hot, running water. My bed would be a little tougher, but #1 would have to be toilet paper. Have done the corn cob, leaves, Sears catalog thingy and a good ole roll of Charmin is a not a luxury, but dayum near a necessity. A close #2 would be Anti-Monkey Butt, without the A/C, the AMB is a gotta have.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a career musician and artist that depends totally on electricity to make my money but when I dont have it I really wont miss any of my modern electronic conveniences, I'm actually kind of sick of it all anyways hitting saturation level years ago. I can live just fine as long as I have clean water to drink and at least something to eat, and gladly Im not a picky eater and know how to eat for function only when I have to. My wife and kids are so out of touch with reality that they will never make it so it will be a hard decision to figure out which of them to eat first- I'll probably just let my little Boston decide, no way would I eat my little buddy.
If I can make it to my other place up in northern Cali on the mountain I will be just fine. My little A-frame cabin there is a little better setup for primitive living than the place here with less space to keep warm or cool. The front of the house is glass, the lower level is a completely open room except for a seperate bathroom, and there is a double sided loft upstairs for sleeping. With the open layout the woodstove heats the entire cabin, and then in late spring and summer there is really no need for AC there being at 7200 ft asl plus the glass front totally opens up to a deck for enjoying the cool mountain air. Mountain streams are all around as well as mineral springs nearby down the in the foothills. When the electric goes off I will still have my acoustic instruments to perform on and can still do my art too for entertainment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom