When are the geese coming?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I went this morning and saw 0 geese and left at 10:30. Of course did have some mallards that landed by my goose decoys, laughing at me knowing I couldn’t shoot them. About 2 o’clock my relative who lives on the land I hunt texted me a picture of about 200 geese that finally arrived at the pond. I think the thick fog and mist most of the morning kept them bedded down for a while. Maybe they’ll stick around 1 more week.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Geese are thick now. My son and I drove around looking for some snows yesterday. We found some but they are mixed well with darks so they are going to have to thread the needle. He called in to work and he and a buddy are going to give it a go this morning.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
853BD96E-59DB-4764-8354-EA4FE76603A4.png
A5872BC0-8ED8-4D7A-8456-7A1F79CEC478.png

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only way I've eat them is breasted out and sliced thin and floured and fried. Still has a slight liver flavor to me.

outside of bob white quail, any bird needs brined. Bigger the bird, longer time to brine. Brine a goose breast for a day or so (water, kosher salt, sugar, herbs, lemon, onion, garlic) and smoke it with mesquite and it’s simply exquisite. Believe it or not, a properly prepared goose breast can rival sand hill crane

Latest posts

Top Bottom