When to bug out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SHEW! BB I think I ducked twice while reading! I have realized in this "prepping thing" you can't be a master of everything. Through friendships other posses skills I do not and visa-versa. I know if the SHTF in a real world scenario that we can rely on each other to help. It's our sense of community that strengthens us. I would hate to be the "bad" guys that would come against us, we think of the same mind when it comes to our "family".

Well, I've kinda watched this section go from a friendly place to exchange information, jabs and have some fun to ... well ... to the dark corner of the bar where the two ugliest guys in the place are fightin' over whose gonna take home the tramp who isn't even paying any attention to them ...

I liked it better before ... I've never understood the need for some folks to be all serious like it's the end of the world or something. Seriously, when the end of the world gets here you will have plenty of time to be miserable ... Let's try to enjoy ourselves a little now ... :wink2:

BTW, Ace Hardware still has those "strike everywhere" matches ... And I'm still planning on going to shooterdave's campout ... Bought me a killer pair of hiking boots at Academy today that were marked down from $49.00 to $17.00 and some change!! WHOOT!! I still need to get out that list GC brought home and see if we have everything on it though ... That man is Bug-out Bag possessed ...:rolleyes2

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im the worst kind. Im the reason preppers build communities, stockpile arms and try to find remote locations to hide.

If a tornado hits, ill be there scavaging. Ice storms, im the generater gremilin. I have nothing, but want everything in times of crisis.
I want no friends, i need no friends for I am the DEBIL raider. Your potato's n 'maters are never safe.

Bwaaa Bwaa haahaaaa.

Well ... I gotta tell ya, if you can make it to my place I'll share my maters and taters with ya! If for no other reason than I'd hate for you to have to die with an empty tummy ... :wink2:

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn it is cold outside so I think that I will wait untill the weather is more favorable before I bug out. But once summer gets here there will be bugs and the heat. Yep I will just stay put. But I really can't wait untill it warms up a little so that I can bug out to my backyard and dig up my cached 3 year old vintage scotch. That will be the day......

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn it is cold outside so I think that I will wait untill the weather is more favorable before I bug out. But once summer gets here there will be bugs and the heat. Yep I will just stay put. But I really can't wait untill it warms up a little so that I can bug out to my backyard and dig up my cached 3 year old vintage scotch. That will be the day......

Remember to share with you neighbors!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think its just an ebb n flow thing. Some prepare for the appocolypse, some prepare for Oklahoma natural disasters. Some just get way to serious, others, like me, take a light hearted approach.

I can take it or leave it, ive been prepared for years yet i still ask questions, even though i already have an answer or could figger it out.

Most of the time, its just fun to think about the "what ifs" although teotwawki hasnt happened and might not.

Bug out bags, makin lists, makin plans, its all fun to me and has the benefit of "if" something happens, i get to save the day and keep up my wifes spirits.

Sometimes i even get to meet some likeminded folks, camp, eat, learn, shoot, an laugh and enjoy living life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom