"Where Do I Get ____ Done?"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have had a lot of threads recently about where to get things done, and who OSA members recommend, so I figured I would take a second to make a quick write up to consolidate these questions into one thread that, should the mods see fit, will be a sticky.

FFL Holding Gunsmiths:
Dr. Barry Greyson, a 1911 genius... I do not currently have any pictures of any guns he has built, but I know there are a few here that do, and maybe they will snap a picture or two. Otherwise, as soon as he finishes his current project, I hope to take some pictures for him to return the many favors he has done for me. A dang good guy! Barry does all sorts of gun work, including full customs. Barry is located in OKC.

Honeybee (Donald), Donald is doing a color case harden and rust blue job for me right now, and as soon as I pick it up, I will post pictures of it. The things that I know Donald does are: Parkerizing (zinc and manganese), black oxide, hot dip blue, niter blue, color case hardening and I believe he told me the other day that he also does plating. He has also recently acquired a really nice lathe, and will soon be doing all sorts of machine work, including barrel threading. Donald is located in Tulsa.

Ol'Yeller (Mike), a good guy who is really good with his M&P's and 1911's. Mike does Cerakote and Duracoat, along with machining and full custom guns. Mike is also a very talented competition shooter and, if I recall correctly, he is one of the trainers with TDSA. Mike is located in the OKC area.

Leather goods
Abbazabba (Arvid) is a great guy, and very talented with his leather work. I have several of his holsters and could not be happier.

Gun Parts
Nighthawk (Mark) carries a lot of gun parts, especially for AR's.

I know there are others here that do some finishing and other things, but don't yet have their FFL's, but these are the ones I know that are set up and ready to go.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you Traxxis!

I have been ask several times about my display cases.
There is a woodworker that has a shop accross from mine that does professional work,
he can build anything out of wood to display, or hide your weapon or weapons. His prices are very fair too.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Traxxis!

No problem brother.

Thank you Traxxis!

I have been ask several times about my display cases.
There is a woodworker that has a shop accross from mine that does professional work,
he can build anything out of wood to display, or hide your weapon or weapons. His prices are very fair too.

No problem. :)

If I misrepresented anybody, let me know.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never dealt with the Dr. But all the rest are good to go! I also vote for this being a Sticky somewhere. Maybe a couple of Pix?

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey what about Traxxis? I know he doesn't like to toot his own horn but he does great cerakoat finishes.

Oh and here is his gun before and after...

alh3.ggpht.com__cw7szDh41MM_TQ6wz1iVvOI_AAAAAAAADp8_aNVxt5Lx94g_s576_PICT0944.JPG

alh3.ggpht.com__cw7szDh41MM_TQ6w0MvIszI_AAAAAAAADqA_rWLbfy4G6NE_s576_PICT0950.JPG

alh4.ggpht.com__cw7szDh41MM_TQ6w0XoQs5I_AAAAAAAADqE_tbhfniUAMmY_s576_PICT0945.JPG

alh5.ggpht.com__cw7szDh41MM_TQ6w0vRM_NI_AAAAAAAADqI_t7Y4IcV99iU_s576_PICT0951.JPG

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will second Honeybee, Don has worked on several of my pistols including doing a zinc park job on my Remington Rand 1911. He went the extra mile and even managed to give the park a green tint to make it look like it was sporting its original finish. Prices very fair too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom